American Television is the cause of economic collapse...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thedrunkenpharm

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
America television has emphasized too much on watching reality tv shows and cartoons and too little on watching the news (especially FOX news) or other intelligent programming is the cause of the economic collapse. It is safe for me to assume that most of Americans do not know about what they have on the Discovery Channel rather than watching ESPN. "I WANT STUPID SHOWS" is a common attitude of the american toward programs like the Bachelorette, American Idol, and Wipeout. We teach our kids while in school to dream about their perfect lives ahead of them on a reality tv show and neglect the important of saving for future education. We are willing to produce as many tv shows as necessary to take the money out of people who are trying to get another season (see Arrested Development). When a society emphasize on making bad television than caring about the well-being of the networks as a whole, actors will be treated like digit numbers just like those in the computer. Sadly, we, future retired couch potatoes, have to sell our morality in reality television shows for entertainment.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
America television has emphasized too much on watching reality tv shows and cartoons and too little on watching the news (especially FOX news) or other intelligent programming is the cause of the economic collapse. It is safe for me to assume that most of Americans do not know about what they have on the Discovery Channel rather than watching ESPN. "I WANT STUPID SHOWS" is a common attitude of the american toward programs like the Bachelorette, American Idol, and Wipeout. We teach our kids while in school to dream about their perfect lives ahead of them on a reality tv show and neglect the important of saving for future education. We are willing to produce as many tv shows as necessary to take the money out of people who are trying to get another season (see Arrested Development). When a society emphasize on making bad television than caring about the well-being of the networks as a whole, actors will be treated like digit numbers just like those in the computer. Sadly, we, future retired couch potatoes, have to sell our morality in reality television shows for entertainment.

Not enough Fox News. There we go. Brilliant.

I'm no economist, but isn't American television a driving force in consumerism, and therefore, the economy? Regardless of what channel or show you watch?

Thought it was going to be a good thread until I read that. Joke thread. Fox News is the most conservative, most sensationalist, most biased network. If you want a good news, listen to NPR or watch BBC.

Thought it was going to be a good thread until I read that. Joke thread. Fox News is the most conservative, most sensationalist, most biased network. If you want a good news, listen to NPR or watch BBC.

master_of_the_obvious.jpg

Ummm excuse me but Fox news is "Fair and Balanced". It says so right on their website. I do not know what you are talking about! To think Bill O'Reilly, Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity are biased is absurd!!!!!

If you want a good news, listen to NPR or watch BBC READ A ****ING NEWSPAPER

I worked in the newspaper industry for three years and the majority of their stuff comes from the associated press. So you're paying to read old news someone else wrote every morning. I will say I thoroughly enjoy the times and would still get it if I had the time to read it. will be getting it again after pharmacy school pending they still distribute by then

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Well played!

If you want a good news, listen to NPR or watch BBC READ A ****ING NEWSPAPER

It's all pretty much unbalanced news except for the Sports section. Only problem I have with the New York Times is that it has a really weird folding mechanism. Daily News, Newsday, I read those at ease if I'm on a train or something, but for the New York Times, I have to open up the paper, elbow the person next to me, etc.