American trained, international residency??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

THATGUY69

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a student at an American dental school that does not teach implant placemnet. I am wondering if there are any international residency programs for dental implants, either one or two year programs that accept Americans? I've always wanted to live abroad, but only speak English so that kind of limits me. I'm planning on applying to some US programs but don't think it will work out for me. In the US there are only a few programs, and I'm not in the position to get into them (bottom 50%), so does anyone know of some international residency programs specifically for dental implants??

Members don't see this ad.

Yes . You have to Google them yourself. UK offers so many of such courses
Check this link
http://www.pid-academy.org/
Germany offers amazing training programs as well but I think language is the barrier. But they have international programs too which are cheap compared to US.My professors did lot of such courses from Germany. Laser dentistry courses are also common. Malaysia amd hongkong also offers courses in english related to implants. If you want to travel to Asia.
Search it. And you will find a good one.
Good luck!

I'm a student at an American dental school that does not teach implant placemnet. I am wondering if there are any international residency programs for dental implants, either one or two year programs that accept Americans? I've always wanted to live abroad, but only speak English so that kind of limits me. I'm planning on applying to some US programs but don't think it will work out for me. In the US there are only a few programs, and I'm not in the position to get into them (bottom 50%), so does anyone know of some international residency programs specifically for dental implants??

1 or 2 year Residency in implants seriously? Just join a CE course offered by almost every dental schools. Pick a comprehensive course and you're set. Extremely easy to find. Implants are no biggie.

Members don't see this ad :)
1 or 2 year Residency in implants seriously? Just join a CE course offered by almost every dental schools. Pick a comprehensive course and you're set. Extremely easy to find. Implants are no biggie.
Absolutely true.

Thanks for the replies, I guess I should reconsider which way is the best to gain experience and avoid too much opportunity cost. Can some CE really bring the GP up to speed with implants? I'm going to start reading Tisch text over the summer to start laying a foundation, and will look into CE provided at the school.