Americorp Timeline/Gap Year Planning Advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vtn4he

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am a 4th year undergraduate at the University of Virginia and will be graduating in the Spring. I'm most likely applying to medical school the year after I graduate from UVA. I want to apply to Americorp's Community Healthcorp program so that I am working over my gap year. I've been trying to research application deadlines and am just trying to figure out a timeline for when I should apply for Americorp this year, what month I should aim to start working during my gap year, and etc. Any advice would be most welcome! Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, I am a 4th year undergraduate at the University of Virginia and will be graduating in the Spring. I'm most likely applying to medical school the year after I graduate from UVA. I want to apply to Americorp's Community Healthcorp program so that I am working over my gap year. I've been trying to research application deadlines and am just trying to figure out a timeline for when I should apply for Americorp this year, what month I should aim to start working during my gap year, and etc. Any advice would be most welcome! Thank you.

Have you been to the website?

It should have application dates. I'm pretty sure they are in the spring sometime. They should also have program dates, so you don't get to choose when you start working. My program went from September to early August, I believe.

They might not post all this stuff now, so just keep an eye out. You may also want to find some program near you (or one you are interested in joining) and finding out from them when all this stuff is.