Amgen Scholars

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MangoPlant

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how competitive the Amgen Scholars programs are (Particularly at Stanford, MIT, UC Berkeley)? Is it worth applying with a 3.58 GPA? I heard the average is around 3.72 and that they are mostly looking for URM. Any suggestions from Amgen Alumni or people who have knowledge of Amgen would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know how competitive the Amgen Scholars programs are (Particularly at Stanford, MIT, UC Berkeley)? Is it worth applying with a 3.58 GPA? I heard the average is around 3.72 and that they are mostly looking for URM. Any suggestions from Amgen Alumni or people who have knowledge of Amgen would be appreciated.

It's always worth it to apply.

Reactions: 1 user

Do you have a strong interest in pursuing an MD/PhD or PhD only? Do you have previous research experience? (not required but it sure seems to be helpful) How is your sGPA?

Do you have a strong interest in pursuing an MD/PhD or PhD only? Do you have previous research experience? (not required but it sure seems to be helpful) How is your sGPA?

I have an interest in pursuing MD/PhD and yes I have a decent amount of research experience (3 publications). However, my science GPA is not that good, only like 3.56 :(. Do you have any suggestions as to which Amgen programs to apply to, if any? Also, I'm not URM.