Among Us (And Other Online Games) Sign Ups

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
From what I've seen on streams, when people use discord they mute during the gameplay and then unmute during meetings! I've also seen videos where when people die, they can unmute themselves on a separate chat so that all of the ghosts can talk to each other....I have no idea how it works though hahaha
This is also what I’ve seen. I think the work around for the ghost chat thing is to use the “deafen” function instead of mute until meetings are called.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Talking outside of meetings is akin to opening unauthorized PMs in a PM-less game (against game spirit/cheating). So I strongly doubt we'll be doing that.
Yeah. There is nothing more irritating than a clean kill just to have someone do an emergency meeting saying their friend on discord told them you killed them.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
From what I've seen on streams, when people use discord they mute during the gameplay and then unmute during meetings! I've also seen videos where when people die, they can unmute themselves on a separate chat so that all of the ghosts can talk to each other....I have no idea how it works though hahaha
But the ghosts can chat in the chat box at all times during the game

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Last night I played a "hide and seek" version of Among Us and it was very fun. The rule sets vary based on who you ask but here's how we did it:

There's one impostor regardless of the lobby size and everyone knows who it is at the start of the round. The impostor has the lowest vision and the crewmates have the highest vision. No one calls meetings or reports bodies, but everyone can be on voice the whole time. Also no sabotages (except comms if you want to play on hard mode). The basic goals of each team remain the same-ish; crew wants to complete all tasks and impostor wants to reach parity. We adjusted kill cooldown and number of tasks as needed to keep it balanced.

The first round we tried it we also set the player speed to 3x (zoom). It was fun as a gimmick, but not a good idea for balance reasons. I ran into a lot of walls.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I think I troubleshooted having discord while doing Among Us.

Kinda wondering if we should do chat vs voice?

Did you try using your phone for voice and your computer for the game (or vice versa)? That's the setup I use.

I have zoom if that makes it easier...

Members don't see this ad :)
I was thinking discord for chat because the voice gets hectic with everyone talking

I was thinking discord for chat because the voice gets hectic with everyone talking
I actually prefer voice but it’s fine. Maybe we can try both and see what works best?

Reactions: 3 users
Oh! Can I be added? I would like to play at some point!
yeah, just start a sign up in this thread and see who's around to play.

I'm not familiar with some of the noobs... what says Mel?
Idk I'm out of the loop for the past couple months due to school. But anyone is welcome. This thread is just supposed to be running sign ups for pickup games

we should do this again soon! It was so fun!

Does anyone want to play Hide and Seek on the 21st?

Reactions: 1 users
Reactions: 1 users
What is this? Also I got the new jackbox party pack if anyone wants to do that also!!
It's a custom ruleset where the goal is for crewmates to avoid the imposter (hide) and finish their tasks before the imposter kills (seek) everyone.

It's a custom ruleset where the goal is for crewmates to avoid the imposter (hide) and finish their tasks before the imposter kills (seek) everyone.
Sounds fun! Sign me up :)

Anyone up for WW, btw? Or is everyone still busy and stressed? I can probably put a game together in the coming weeks if there will be enough players.

(or I'll play one)

• Love
Anyone up for WW, btw? Or is everyone still busy and stressed? I can probably put a game together in the coming weeks if there will be enough players.

(or I'll play one)
Honestly I’m down for anything