Amount of Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mepstein

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just information for the prospective dental student world. I just had my UW interview and they told me all the dental schools are pretty overwhelmed because there are 40% more applicants this year than last year!!!! This is crazy. UW had 850ish applicants last year, and this year they have 1400!! crazy world. Im glad im not doing this in five years. Good luck

Members don't see this ad.

Same story over here at BU. They got plowed with applications, I think they reached last year's total about a month ago.

Really they do. I honestly think all the schools exaggerate it. Don't worry, you'll be fine.

Hey Rezdawg ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Med schools are seeing a lot of applicants too.

I remember when I applied for undergraduate schools; everyone said the same thing about the large increase in applicants. I think it's just a population boom...the kids of baby boomers are all applying now!!!

painfuldentist said:
Really they do. I honestly think all the schools exaggerate it. Don't worry, you'll be fine.

Hey Rezdawg ;)

No way! Haha...what up!!! Your presence is missed here in Beantown.

painfuldentist said:

I agree. I've gone to many interviews and every school says it's in top 5. :) Not sure how we can have 10 schools in top 5. :laugh:

I think evereyone is carried away. I dont think they were lying. There is no reason for multiple people to state a number. No one was saying it as a bragging right. Everyone was surprised. its just information. I think people here need to stop being so critical. It just means that people that get interviews should feel honored. Its a great accomplishment to get interviews. Too bad they dont send plaques with interview letters.

Rezdawg said:
No way! Haha...what up!!! Your presence is missed here in Beantown.

I miss you all too, aaaah how I miss Beantown! :(

How is the courseload? I heard it's gotten pretty crazy and snowy since September! Haha when I was there it was all parties and sunshine............