Amount of Physics = Amount GChem + Ochem ???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doyourealize1

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was looking through the SDN archives, and it seems that most forms have more Physics than GChem. Of course, AAMC reduced the number of Ochem passages to 2-3 per administration, so I was wondering if any of you think that their intention on doing so was to make it so that there is an equal amount of Physics/Chemistry/Biology in each administration.

Basically, I'm asking you previous MCAT takers whether or not there was more Physics than GChem on your test. Any opinions??

Members don't see this ad.

I had more General Chem than Physics or Organic Chemistry in Aug '05. I believe I only had 1-2 passages of Organic Chemistry at most.

doyourealize1 said:
I was looking through the SDN archives, and it seems that most forms have more Physics than GChem. Of course, AAMC reduced the number of Ochem passages to 2-3 per administration, so I was wondering if any of you think that their intention on doing so was to make it so that there is an equal amount of Physics/Chemistry/Biology in each administration.

Basically, I'm asking you previous MCAT takers whether or not there was more Physics than GChem on your test. Any opinions??

Agree with the prior poster, it's the luck of the draw as to what sections are emphasized most. Study it all.