AMSA premed membership??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pathologist

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have or know anything about the AMSA premedical membership? Is it worth it? What does it do for you? Thanks
smile.gif

Members don't see this ad.

I was a premedical member of AMSA. The only benefit I received which I found useful was a subscription to the New Physician magazine. It provides for some good bathroom reading.

I was only a member for a year though, since they raised the membership dues for premeds in 1997.

Tim W. of N.Y.C.

I recently joined and kicked myself because new members can receive a complimentary copy of the MSAR (purchased mine a month earlier). That right there is worth the cost of a year's membership. Don't know much about the other features yet although one should probably not expect anything too great.

Members don't see this ad :)
What is MSAR? How much is the membership?

The membership costs $20.

Oops, I forgot to say that the MSAR is the Medical School Admission Requirements. It usually costs at least $25, so I guess the membership would be worth it just for that.

I joined about a year ago myself and was interested in their low-interest loans for med-students. I finally got the paperwork and unfortunately, the loans only seem to be for residents (travel/interview loans) and consolidation of your loans when your done. I may have just talked to the wrong person (or maybe they misunderstood what I was looking for) but it was a little disappointing.