AMSA premed membership??

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Pathologist, Feb 3, 2001.

1. Pathologist

Pathologist Senior Member

Does anyone have or know anything about the AMSA premedical membership? Is it worth it? What does it do for you? Thanks [​IMG]

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. turtleboard

turtleboard SDN Advisor

Resident [Any Field]
    I was a premedical member of AMSA. The only benefit I received which I found useful was a subscription to the New Physician magazine. It provides for some good bathroom reading.

I was only a member for a year though, since they raised the membership dues for premeds in 1997.

Tim W. of N.Y.C.

4. Meli

Meli Member

I recently joined and kicked myself because new members can receive a complimentary copy of the MSAR (purchased mine a month earlier). That right there is worth the cost of a year's membership. Don't know much about the other features yet although one should probably not expect anything too great.

5. Mish550

Mish550 Member

What is MSAR? How much is the membership?

6. Pathologist

The membership costs $20.

7. Pathologist

Oops, I forgot to say that the MSAR is the Medical School Admission Requirements. It usually costs at least $25, so I guess the membership would be worth it just for that.

8. Cobragirl

Cobragirl Hoohaa helper ;)

Resident [Any Field]
    I joined about a year ago myself and was interested in their low-interest loans for med-students. I finally got the paperwork and unfortunately, the loans only seem to be for residents (travel/interview loans) and consolidation of your loans when your done. I may have just talked to the wrong person (or maybe they misunderstood what I was looking for) but it was a little disappointing.