amy knowles' voice & other nyu stuff

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fruity_trident

in lala land
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone.
i was reading some nyu posts, and someone said something like "u'd wanna laugh @ amy, if u've spoken to her".

well she has an extreeeeeeeemely melodic voice...and it's so "perfect"...i guess (for a lack of better words).

when i first called her she started by saying "this is the office of amy knowles"...then i sighed out loud (with a hint of anger), cuz i wanted to talk to her, and not get her voicemail...but after it said "amy knowles", there was silence..and i'm like "hello?"...she was there :eek: ..that's how she picks up calls!!..so i sounded like an idiot.

did anyone else think that? :laugh:

anyways, i just wanted to say that i have called admissions a while back to check they they've got everything...and they had said i was under review. i called a couple of times thereafter, and everything seemed fine, until they said 'oh call amy for more info'..so i did..and she's like 'we don't have your official DAT scores' :eek:.

i was kinda disapointed that i was told many times before that my file was complete...but anyways..amy was really nice..and said that don't have to resend my DAT yet...
hmm..what to do...what to do..

Members don't see this ad.

yea, personally i have found amy knowles to be really helpful in all my correspondence with her.
i'm surprised they didn't tell you that they were missing your official Dat scores earlier though! :eek:
after my interview there, i got an e-mail from her the very next day regarding some details about my file, and especially about my general chemistry course to make sure it would cover the necessary credit requirement.

i've never called her directly, but i know she is great with e-mail. i think she checks it fairly regularly because i had to correspond with her pretty frequently and i always got a speedy response.

fruity_trident said:
hey everyone.
i as reading some nyu posts, and someone said something like "u'd wanna laugh @ amy, if u've spoken to her".

well she has an extreeeeeeeemely melodic voice...and it's so "perfect"...i guess (for a lack of better words).

when i first called her she started by saying "this is the office of amy knowles"...then i sighed out loud (with a hint of anger), cuz i wanted to talk to her, and not get her voicemail...but after it said "amy knowles", there was silence..and i'm like "hello?"...she was there :eek: ..that's how she picks up calls!!..so i sounded like an idiot.

did anyone else think that? :laugh:

anyways, i just wanted to say that i have called admissions a while back to check they they've got everything...and they had said i was under review. i called a couple of times thereafter, and everything seemed fine, until they said 'oh call amy for more info'..so i did..and she's like 'we don't have your official DAT scores' :eek:.

i was kinda disapointed that i was told many times before that my file was complete...but anyways..amy was really nice..and said that don't have to resend my DAT yet...
hmm..what to do...what to do..

canuck_chick said:
yea, personally i have found amy knowles to be really helpful in all my correspondence with her.
i'm surprised they didn't tell you that they were missing your official Dat scores earlier though! :eek:
after my interview there, i got an e-mail from her the very next day regarding some details about my file, and especially about my general chemistry course to make sure it would cover the necessary credit requirement.

i've never called her directly, but i know she is great with e-mail. i think she checks it fairly regularly because i had to correspond with her pretty frequently and i always got a speedy response.

u should call her just to here her voice then hang up.lol
j/k..but u should call her anyways...i think she's very helpful.

do u mind telling me when u applied? ur stats and date of interview? (sorry 20 questions). i'd love to be able to get an interview from them :oops:

Members don't see this ad :)
Ive said it before and Ill say it again.....Amy knowles IS A ROBOT!!!

anyways....thats great fruity! Get those DATs in right away, cause you still have a great shot at NYU cause they'll be interviewing for a while!! And you'll be closer to sis, eh!

She's fantastic. No doubt there.

fruity_trident said:
hey everyone.

LOL :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I think I did the same thing... her voice really does sound like an answering machine!

fruity_trident said:
u should call her just to here her voice then hang up.lol
j/k..but u should call her anyways...i think she's very helpful.

do u mind telling me when u applied? ur stats and date of interview? (sorry 20 questions). i'd love to be able to get an interview from them :oops:

well i might not go to my nyu interview... so hopefully theyll give the spot to you :D :D

do you think I can make a request? :laugh: :D

Do any of you posters have any info about how much longer interviews will be conducted or how many seats are filled?

I've heard that NYU fills the class rather late in the cycle, is this true; is this a common occurence at most schools or is it specific to NYU?

Thanx!

dentist_to_be? said:
well i might not go to my nyu interview... so hopefully theyll give the spot to you :D :D

do you think I can make a request? :laugh: :D
PLEASE DO fellow canadian.

i'm actually quite jealous..cuz u got an interview from VCU... i wanted to go there..but i have crap grades..

pff.

dentist_to_be? said:
LOL :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I think I did the same thing... her voice really does sound like an answering machine!

I totally know what you guys mean! I have been so tempted to start a similar post. It was so funny to finally meet her and see that she was the same in person!! She is a very good admissions officer (considering how huch work she must do), but man, I couldn't stop thinking of Stepford Wives during my interview--sometimes I had to really try not to laugh!

onetoothleft said:
I couldn't stop thinking of Stepford Wives during my interview--sometimes I had to really try not to laugh!

WOAH..this is nuts.
i was picturing her as a stepford wife...but i haven't seen her..so i didn't make the comment.
lol

muwahahah

fruity_trident said:
WOAH..this is nuts.
i was picturing her as a stepford wife...but i haven't seen her..so i didn't make the comment.
lol

muwahahah

Your picture of her as a Stepford wife is more correct than wrong. And I vote with Dr. Badvibes regarding her robotic abilities.

She is probably the most popular admission officer on SDN. It's like everyone knows her... the good and the bad.

And I totally agree that she does a pretty good job handlig all those application.

She's probably reading this thread! Yikes!

hey guys i wanted some advice..i really want to go to nyu but they still have my application under review. do u know if there is anything i can do outside of my application and all since they have all that? like do u think i should talk to ms knowles and if so, what should i say and stuff?? please help!

this has nothing to do with nyu, but reading this thread i don't feel so bad anymore for how dumb i am on the phone :laugh:
one time i called a school to see if they got my deposit, and they said "yes, it looks like we did" and i was like "we did? okay, thanks so much!" i immediately felt ******ed... and i do stuff like that all the time on the phone with schools. I think i am slightly nervous when talking to them so i always find some way to mess up. but i have to admit i never hung up on them thinking they were an answering machine :D

dear iwik and Biogirl361:

These are funny posts.

I probably sound pretty dorky on the phone myself. My voice seems to sound higher.

iwik said:
o crap! that's her voice? uh...i sorta called a few times and thinking it was her vmail, i jus hung up. )=

does anyone know her email addy? i think it may be better for me to contact her that way.

i feel really bad for hanging up on her now. sigh.

Better hope she didn't do *69

If she did, I bet you are now black-listed from NYUCD :D