an additional LOR later in the game

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tigress

queen of the jungle
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have now been working in my clinical research job since July (>4 months), and I recently actually started helping out in the basic science lab here as well (the clinic and the lab are both run by the same doctor). I know she would write me a very positive LOR; she knows that I have enjoyed interacting with patients and the patients seem to like me, and that I'm a good worker (in spite of how it may seem from my seemingly constant presence here at sdn :laugh:; some days I just don't have much work! ), etc. I'm still waiting to hear from some schools, particularly Pitt, Emory, and Penn. I think I have a chance at Pitt at least. So is there any way to go about sending an additional LOR to those schools at this point? Would I just give the doctor addressed, stamped envelopes to send directly to the schools? At this point I don't have to go through my pre-med committee, right? I'm just not entirely sure how I would go about doing this or even if it's a good idea (will they just add it to my file?) and I figure this is the best place to ask :)

Members don't see this ad.

Yep just send it to the school
It will get added.

I did that.

ti89 said:
Yep just send it to the school
It will get added.

I did that.

Thanks. That's a simple enough answer to my overly complicated post :)

Yeah, I had my PI send the additional letters directly to the schools' admissions office and I also sent each school an email letting them know that an additional letter was on the way and why I was sending one (ie I hadn't started doing research in my current lab when I began the application process)