• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

univscience

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2006
Status (Visible)
first year students at my school get one drop test per class per semester for the "heavy hitters." it's a pharmacy school so most students are enrolled in the same or similar curriculum. almost all first years are taking bio and chem I-II. if one is a "good" student, it's easy to take advantage of this drop test. it takes certain circumstances but it can work wonders if done properly. here's how...

first step is to make sure your class is relatively small (< 200 students.) secondly, make sure the professor cares about the performance of the class (ask past students.) usually the first test of the semester involves the "easiest" material. the trick is to completely bomb this test. i'm not talking 70, i'm talking below a 60. if you're lucky, the teacher will get in touch with the lower scorers to figure out what "went wrong."

it's likely the teacher won't go out of his/her way to talk a test over with a student. not all is lost. ideally, avoid office hours and one-on-one until the second test which you will ace. now is the time to hit up office hours and rock the rest of the tests. the teacher will know your name, understand how much you've "overcome," and appreciate your new-found appreciation for the subject

it takes some humility, but in the end it's pretty much all gunning.

any thoughts? /flamesuit :cool:

Falco2525

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 3, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
first year students at my school get one drop test per class per semester for the "heavy hitters." it's a pharmacy school so most students are enrolled in the same or similar curriculum. almost all first years are taking bio and chem I-II. if one is a "good" student, it's easy to take advantage of this drop test. it takes certain circumstances but it can work wonders if done properly. here's how...

first step is to make sure your class is relatively small (< 200 students.) secondly, make sure the professor cares about the performance of the class (ask past students.) usually the first test of the semester involves the "easiest" material. the trick is to completely bomb this test. i'm not talking 70, i'm talking below a 60. if you're lucky, the teacher will get in touch with the lower scorers to figure out what "went wrong."

it's likely the teacher won't go out of his/her way to talk a test over with a student. not all is lost. ideally, avoid office hours and one-on-one until the second test which you will ace. now is the time to hit up office hours and rock the rest of the tests. the teacher will know your name, understand how much you've "overcome," and appreciate your new-found appreciation for the subject

sounds like being a sniper

MonkeyNuts!

Even Kal has bad days...
10+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2005
I thought a sniper was a person who never came to class and you don't seem them but then they show up to the test and completely rock it.

This plan requires bombing of a test, then rocking the rest, and complete exposure. Snipers don't miss, then kill, and then stand up and take off their camo.

About the Ads

Falco2525

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 3, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I thought a sniper was a person who never came to class and you don't seem them but then they show up to the test and completely rock it.

This plan requires bombing of a test, then rocking the rest, and complete exposure. Snipers don't miss, then kill, and then stand up and take off their camo.

It is...okay how about a snake

DropkickMurphy

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Sep 13, 2005
A bar room in Mombasa drinking gin
Status (Visible)
  1. Other Health Professions Student

Unless it's a Japanese sniper from WWII......"BANZAI!" :laugh:

dr_90210

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jun 21, 2006
Status (Visible)

are u ******ed? this is the dumbest idea i've ever heard. how does getting a 60 on the test help you in any way? what if u fail that on purpose and then actually fail another test after that? (cause remember, you're an idiot)

Falco2525

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 3, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
are u ******ed? this is the dumbest idea i've ever heard. how does getting a 60 on the test help you in any way? what if u fail that on purpose and then actually fail another test after that? (cause remember, you're an idiot)

haha...i too thought this but was pretty sure the OP was messin around

Robizzle

1K Member
10+ Year Member
May 28, 2006
Boston & NYC
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student

LOL

Tired Pigeon

10+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
This is one of the dumbest ideas I've ever heard. Are you for real?

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.