An entire semester's worth of online classes….red flag?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bluepeach9

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it a red flag to be taking all online classes (9-12 credits) during the spring semester in order to graduate, while not physically being at the university?

I will maybe have about 3-4 classes to finish in the spring to graduate and am planning on taking all of them online. That way, since I don't have to be at my university, I can travel to a different place to work while also simultaneously finishing my degree for May 2016 graduation via the online classes…

Will adcoms question my judgement or think of this as a red flag? Do I need to explain this situation on my primary? FYI, the online classes are not indicated as 'online' on transcripts…they are just shown like any other normal class.

Members don't see this ad.

Well if you are traveling and working full time away from where your college is it can be assumed they are online.

If your academic record as of now is good I would be surprised if its something anybody would concern themselves with. You could even look at it as almost graduating a semester early.

Well if you are traveling and working full time away from where your college is it can be assumed they are online.

If your academic record as of now is good I would be surprised if its something anybody would concern themselves with. You could even look at it as almost graduating a semester early.

Well yes, I was planning to graduate a semester early (in Fall 2015) but that means taking 22 credits, and I'm wondering if it would just be best to take the online classes and finish off in the spring instead…I'm applying in 2016, so don't want to take chances with GPA and MCAT decreases

Members don't see this ad :)
Well yes, I was planning to graduate a semester early (in Fall 2015) but that means taking 22 credits, and I'm wondering if it would just be best to take the online classes and finish off in the spring instead…I'm applying in 2016, so don't want to take chances with GPA and MCAT decreases

As always get ADCOM input on this just to confirm but I don't really see it as a problem.

Do you already have english writing courses that can fulfill the pre-req? If you already have some that can fulfill the med school pre-req(I know I took at least 4 in undergrad that could have) then what gonnif was addressing is not something to worry about.

It does bring a point though if you already have english classes to check with the schools you want to apply to to see if they fulfill the requirement for every one of them. If they don't, then what gonnif was talking about becomes alot more relevant.

Some schools do not accept online coursework. You'll need to do your homework and find out if the schools you applied to do or do not.

Reactions: 3 users