an interview??? for ME?!?!?!?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ssd

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
the interview drought is over for me. my first interview (this year) will be at albany. anybody else there on 12/6?

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats! ... go Wow'em :D

Go kick some a##, YAY!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks for the support. i am definitely excited. i applied last year and didn't get in. i got four interviews, but they were all in april. this gives me a 4 month jump on last year. this WILL be my year!!

Congrats and best of luck, ssd!! :D I know the feeling, having just gotten my first invite from Columbia. I also applied to Albany and am hoping to hear something soon, but since it was the last secondary I completed (they only received my check on 10/22), I'm afraid I might have a long wait. Do you know when your file was complete there?

i don't remember ever getting anything from albany telling me that my app was complete. i did submit the secondary immediately after i got the email though. probably had the letters of rec sent within a day or two.

the encouraging thing for me is that they didn't give me an interview last year. maybe they liked my picture better this year...

Great, ssd! I'll be interviewing there on the 5th of December. Good luck!

I interviewed there yesterday, and got the invite (by email, though others get phone calls) the friday before. They also sent an email notifying me of app. complete. They are very honest about the Amcas stuff, and explained that even verified apps contain incorrect/inaccurate info, delaying the process further. Also, they love having applicants call (no joke) the assistant dean of admissions thinks email is ok, but realizes that it's sometimes hard to explain things over email--bottom line: don't be afraid to call them!!

I'm getting worried. The cheapest round-trip flight I can find online is $405.00. On top of this, I'll have to stay in a hotel for 2 days because there are no rooms available with students due to testing. Wow! I didn't think it was going to cost me this much. Maybe I'll just hop in my car and drive!!!

Ok, I'll stop complaining. I'm just a tad concerned now. Gotta keep looking for a better deal...

I'm happy to have to worry about this!

Good luck all!

Congratulations ssd and Swampman!

ssd, I agree w/ your assessment of why they invited you this year, and not last year. They MUST have liked that picture much more. Hhhhmmmm, I wonder if my picture is the reason I haven't heard from them. ;) ;)