~AN ODE TO MAILTRUCKS~

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

strangeattractor

ucla permanent fixture
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
once upon a wintry day
i hit a mailtruck in my way
'twas on the date of my first driving test
and ever since they cause a flutter in my chest

i think they've got their revenge upon me
when i wait thirty minutes on my stoop to see
"mr mailman, any letters for--
THREE?!?!?
oh look they're all my roommate chrystie."

so in an unergonomic shape
a mailtruck shall deliver my fate
and if it's not med, forever i shall hate
that for its 3pm arrival i have to wait.

-----------
ps did anyone notice that...if indeed a deluge of letters are going out today, and if they arrive on monday...well monday is april fool's. i thought that was noteworthy.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey - I hit a car during my first driving test too!!!

haha yeah i didn't make it out of the parking lot. i was backing up and i ran into that damn mailtruck...i'm originally a region rat (from the chicagoland region) so it must be the weather! i actually ran into a mailbox then after i got my license...needless to say i didn't have a car for four years of college.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey strangeattractor!! I've been looking for your posts! This was a highly innovative post...and I guess explains why you have to take the big blue to go places (sorry, everyone...inside story). Nice to see someone I know in person on sdn. :D

hahaha!!! you found me (with a little help). as a side note to the rest of the people reading this thread, singing doc really does sing... :oops: DO RE ME FA SO LA TI DO :oops: ...like a bird!! no $bling bling$ explains the big blue. :rolleyes: