1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Anasthesiology Electives

Discussion in 'General International Discussion' started by flusky, Nov 24, 2002.

1. flusky

flusky Junior Member

Just wanted to get some feed back on where IMG's are allowed to do electives in the US. Anyone have any suggestions on where to go for anesthesiology electives....Any past experiences that may help me out?

Any other International medical students out there that want to give some advice on electives back home in the US?

Cheers
    David Trinity College Dublin

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Winged Scapula

Winged Scapula Cougariffic!
    Staff Member Administrator Physician Faculty Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    David...

IMGs are allowed to do final year visiting electives at many US medical schools. At one time, there was a rather generous list posted here of schools that would allow visiting clerks, but I am unable to find the URL.

However, most US medical schools have websites which list their policy on visiting clerks (ie, check to see if they allow foreign students to visit, some do not), and provide application procedures.

Since this topic is more relevant to the International Forum, I'll move it there.