Anatomy and Physiology question for those who have taken it

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by jackal head, Jun 12, 2008.

1. jackal head

jackal head Registered Sex Offender

Pre-Pharmacy
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Is this website a good example of what I can expect to learn? I'm taking it in the fall and want to really get a feel for the material and even get a litte ahead if possiable.

http://www.getbodysmart.com/

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Klemmentine

Klemmentine Accepted Pharmacy Student

Pharmacy Student
    That's a good summary of my course. We also studied the endocrine and exocrine systems in depth. The first 1/3 portion of the course was spent on tissues alone. Know all of the connective tissues and which organs they can be found on in the body, along with the different muscular tissues. We also briefly covered the reproductive system.

If you could get a jump start on identifying tissues, their function, and where they are found in the body, I think that would give you a great advantage in the course. Everything else was a lot more familiar to me (skeletal, urinary, etc.) and I didn't have to study the "common" systems as much as the tissues.

4. Sparda29

Sparda29 En Taro Adun
    Pharmacist Classifieds Approved

Pharmacist
    Looks pretty decent.

But for Physiology I just watched tons of episodes of House MD.

5. ramo0152

Pharmacy Student
    I used that site a couple of times for anatomy. It really helped when we had bone and second order (muscle) tests. However, I had to reference other materials when it came to actually identifying parts on the cadaver, which was the hardest part.

6. PharmAnimalz

PharmAnimalz USN Class of 2011

Pharmacy Student
    It looks like a pretty decent overview to familiarize yourself with the material. I would also get the textbooks for the course as early as you can so that you can start reviewing them - chances are, by the time you're done with the full course, you'll have covered the entire book, so you may as well get a jump start.
    I would also highly recommend getting a diagram lab manual that allows you to fill in the terms - that will help greatly in the anatomy identification. And be sure to make a lot of flash cards.
    Good Luck!