Anatomy and Physiology

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Engg to Doc, Jul 23, 2002.

1. Engg to Doc

Engg to Doc Member

My school has divided all the organ systems into 3 Anatomy and Physiology classes, over 3 quarters. I am hoping that this will qualify for my Bio prereqs. The core Biology courses (there are 3 of them) have to do mostly with Form and Function in Plants and Animals. This might not be so useful for me from an MCAT point of view. I don't see why anyone who is a non-Bio major would take the Anatomy and Physiology classes, even though they are not for Bio majors alone. They do an in-depth analysis. Will I be fine in terms of 'prereqs' by taking those classes?

Any advice will be appreciated.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. mpp

mpp SDN Moderator
    Moderator Emeritus

Resident [Any Field]
    I am not exactly sure what your question is, but if it helps to clarify things...medical schools require a 1 year course (semesters, quartesr or however your school does it) in General Biology. A course in Anatomy & Physiology does not cover what is in General Biology and it is unlikely that a medical school will take it as a substitute. A&P is not required for medical school, although it can be helpful for the MCAT and a good preparation for the much more thorough A&P you will get in medical school.

4. Engg to Doc

Engg to Doc Member

Thanks - I guess A&P doesn't satisfy my prereq requirement then - Sigh!