Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Anatomy Books--What should I get?

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by abs, May 29, 2000.

1. abs

abs Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Hi!

I haven't taken Anatomy yet and I was going to try to learn some of the material this summer before classes start. Do you know of any good books that will be helpful and easy to understand?

Thanks!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. bDOc03

bDOc03 Member

abs,

I would find out which texts are 'required' or 'recommnded'for the course at your school. That would save you the cost of having to buy another book in the fall.

However, the best thing to do this summer is to relax and have a good time. [​IMG]

You will be up to your belly button in anatomy soon enough! So be sure to take some time for yourself this summer. You'll be glad that you did.

Congrats on being asccepted! Where are you going to go?

bDOc03
    UHS, MS-II

4. OldManDave

OldManDave Fossil Bouncer Emeritus
    Moderator Emeritus

Attending Physician
    First, I wnat to echo what the above poster said -------------> RELAX & ENJOY YOUR LAST SUMMER OFF FOR A WHILE!!

However, if you'd like a personal recommendation on anatomy text choices:

Textbook: Moore's Clinical Anatomy
    Atlas: Netter's Atlas <he is God>
    Rohen & Yokochi's Atlas <amesome atlas where all the figures are actual dissected cadavers---gives a more realistic picture of wht you are searching for>

------------------
    'Old Man Dave'
    KCOM, Class of '03

Nothing Risked, Nothing Gained!!

5. turtleboard

turtleboard SDN Advisor

Resident [Any Field]
    I read Moore & Daley. It wasn't particularly helpful, though interesting.

All you really need for the study of Gross Anatomy is a Netter's and a BRS Gross Anatomy Review book by Chung. You're set.

Tim of New York City.

6. bDOc03

bDOc03 Member

turtleboard,

Did you ever see, or did you have, a copy of Rohen, Yokochi and Lutjen-Drecoll (Color Atlas of Anatomy)? I used Netter, Moore-Dalley too.

bDOc03

7. abs

abs Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Thanks for all of the help everyone! [​IMG]

bDOc03, I am going to PCOM this fall. I was going back and forth between PCOM and UHS for awhile, but PCOM won out because it's close to home.

take care,
    Alisa [​IMG]

8. Liquid_Tension

Liquid_Tension Senior Member

I think it is definitely in your best interest to get the Moore text book!!! Yes, it is a huge and monster of a book, but you will be thankful that you bought it. When it comes to tables and organization of the information, this book really kicks butt! So buy it, and use it because it is a great resource. I also agree that Netter and Rohen also are awesome.
    -Your most dry Liquid