Anatomy CD-ROM ... any EXCELLENT ones

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jedi In Training

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello

I am interested in purchasing a CD-ROM to help learn human anatomy. Are there any EXCELLENT ones on the market? Thanks for your feedback.

Members don't see this ad.

Netter has an interactive CD-ROM. Whether it is excellent is up to your personal preference. I have not been impressed. p.s. Don't bother if you have Windows Xp.

I've heard its bad too. Thanks for the feedback.

Members don't see this ad :)
The ADAM Interactive is good. you can dissect down layer by layer and look at the 'body' from different views..medial, lateral, etc.

It helps with relationships between structures.

I had to order mine from journey.com (I think!) you have to order the STUDENT version. It's the same as the educator's version, but the price is a lot less...around 60 bucks. I really like it. I have netter, too...and use it...but just to quiz myself.

The best video anatomy atlas is by Dr. Bob Ackland produced here @ the University of Louisville. It's 5 volumes & counting. They should be rereleasing some on DVD soon. These are regarded universally as the best ever made for this purpose

droliver, when will the DVD version of Acland's Video Atlas of Anatomy be released???