1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Anatomy CD-ROM ... any EXCELLENT ones

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by Jedi In Training, Jan 22, 2002.

1. Jedi In Training

Jedi In Training Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Hello

I am interested in purchasing a CD-ROM to help learn human anatomy. Are there any EXCELLENT ones on the market? Thanks for your feedback.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. bustinbooty

bustinbooty Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Netter has an interactive CD-ROM. Whether it is excellent is up to your personal preference. I have not been impressed. p.s. Don't bother if you have Windows Xp.

4. Jedi In Training

Jedi In Training Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I've heard its bad too. Thanks for the feedback.

5. double elle

double elle Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

The ADAM Interactive is good. you can dissect down layer by layer and look at the 'body' from different views..medial, lateral, etc.

It helps with relationships between structures.

I had to order mine from journey.com (I think!) you have to order the STUDENT version. It's the same as the educator's version, but the price is a lot less...around 60 bucks. I really like it. I have netter, too...and use it...but just to quiz myself.

6. droliver

Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    The best video anatomy atlas is by Dr. Bob Ackland produced here @ the University of Louisville. It's 5 volumes & counting. They should be rereleasing some on DVD soon. These are regarded universally as the best ever made for this purpose

7. erkin777

erkin777 Member
    7+ Year Member

droliver, when will the DVD version of Acland's Video Atlas of Anatomy be released???