Anatomy CD-ROM ... any EXCELLENT ones

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by Jedi In Training, Jan 22, 2002.

1. Jedi In Training

Jedi In Training Senior Member

Hello

I am interested in purchasing a CD-ROM to help learn human anatomy. Are there any EXCELLENT ones on the market? Thanks for your feedback.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. bustinbooty

bustinbooty Senior Member

Netter has an interactive CD-ROM. Whether it is excellent is up to your personal preference. I have not been impressed. p.s. Don't bother if you have Windows Xp.

4. Jedi In Training

Jedi In Training Senior Member

I've heard its bad too. Thanks for the feedback.

5. double elle

double elle Senior Member

The ADAM Interactive is good. you can dissect down layer by layer and look at the 'body' from different views..medial, lateral, etc.

It helps with relationships between structures.

I had to order mine from journey.com (I think!) you have to order the STUDENT version. It's the same as the educator's version, but the price is a lot less...around 60 bucks. I really like it. I have netter, too...and use it...but just to quiz myself.

6. droliver

Moderator Emeritus

Attending Physician
    The best video anatomy atlas is by Dr. Bob Ackland produced here @ the University of Louisville. It's 5 volumes & counting. They should be rereleasing some on DVD soon. These are regarded universally as the best ever made for this purpose

7. erkin777

erkin777 Member

droliver, when will the DVD version of Acland's Video Atlas of Anatomy be released???