Anatomy/Embryo/Neuroanatomy Review

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PSU2002

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody have any tips for Anatomy/Embryo/Neuroanatomy review? I'm so very tempted to stick with QBank and FA for these topics. Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

PSU2002 said:
Anybody have any tips for Anatomy/Embryo/Neuroanatomy review? I'm so very tempted to stick with QBank and FA for these topics. Any thoughts?

from what ive seen thats enough, if you have a bunch of info triggered in your head by reading something in FA. youre not gonna know anatomy in the same detail that you did when you took it, but you do have to have a good picture of it in your head, inho.
also, i havent taken the boards yet, so I dont truly "know"

I think of all the subjects, the questions that you would kick yourself for not hitting hard are embryo. These seem to be real one-way-or-the-other types, and are strict memorization, for the most part. The same thing could be said for anatmoy, I suppose, but embryo seems more one-dimensional to me.

Don't overstudy gross anatomy and embryo. I think you're fine with just First Aid and Q-Bank for these...I took the exam last week and probably had no more than two or three gross/embryo questions per block. I was surprised, however, there seemed to be a lot more neuroanatomy than I expected. Probably around 10 brain MRI/CT scans or spinal cord diagrams. Overall this was probably the one subject on the exam that was overrepresented, at least from what I was expecting. I would pull out your Haines or HY Neuro and definitely know at least the normal neuroanatomy from some common perspectives (sagittal, coronal, etc). Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
HY neuro, Langman's for Embryo (or HY if you really don't care), and First Aid for Gross Anatomy.

As for not studying Anatomy, that's not a safe gamble. Some people don't have a lot of it on their exam, but I had probably around 45 questions. It can take a toll if it wants to

Stinger86 said:
HY neuro, Langman's for Embryo (or HY if you really don't care), and First Aid for Gross Anatomy.

As for not studying Anatomy, that's not a safe gamble. Some people don't have a lot of it on their exam, but I had probably around 45 questions. It can take a toll if it wants to
Please tell me this is gross/neuro/embryo combined?.45 freaking gross questions?..nah I could not be that unlucky?.providence cannot be this cruel!!!!

if i get that much gross....i am raising my white flag :scared:

And what about histo? I know it's considered a low-yield subject, but how many questions do you see really? Is FA enough? Sorry if this has been beaten to death already. :)

tega said:
Please tell me this is gross/neuro/embryo combined?.45 freaking gross questions?..nah I could not be that unlucky?.providence cannot be this cruel!!!!

if i get that much gross....i am raising my white flag :scared:

Well, gross and neuro anatomy combined. My embryology questions totalled about 20-25 by themselves. It's really kind of odd, because nearly everyone else I've seen gets relatively few gross/embryo questions, but I got a lot of them, and actually fewer Microbiology questions than I expected.

Who knows :confused:

Oh, histology is so low yield it shouldn't even be considered as a possibility. I remember having only one pure histology question on my Clinical Basic Science Exam, and not a single one on my step.