Anatomy for the MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

orangeman25

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is learning human anatomy worthwhile for the mcat? I know that the bio section is becoming more and more strange, so would having a good grasp on anatomy help?

Members don't see this ad.

Nope. You don't need anatomy for the mcat and it would be a waste of your time to study it just for the mcat. Just go over the topics that are listed on the aamc outline

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is learning human anatomy worthwhile for the mcat? I know that the bio section is becoming more and more strange, so would having a good grasp on anatomy help?
I don't think you need human anatomy for the MCAT, but I remember a question in one of the AAMC tests that if I did not take anatomy, I would not have been able to answer it.

Yep, as others have said, Anatomy is hardly useful but the physiology portion on the other hand is extremely beneficial. I don't know about your institution, but we had A&P together. I know some people offer them separately and divide them out, but that seems a little strange to me. But in regards to self teaching, the terminology isn't really something you'll see on the MCAT.

Yup, Physiology is more useful than Anatomy here. Know hormones, regulation processes, etc. At my undergrad, A&P was combined.