Anatomy Help!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

realruby2000

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
ahhh!! this sucks!! i have to memorize all the origins/insertions/inervations of pretty much most of the muscles of the upper extremity (about 52) by monday! This is such a pain in the ass and the info just isnt sticking in my head!! any suggestions on how to memorize all this crap?

thanks!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

CLinical Anatomy made Ridiculously Simple has a bunch of mneumonics (sp?) for gross... amazon.com with next day delivery?

Hope I helped!
-A

Try the dissectionroom.com for the hand and arm. Good luck on the exam!

HI....IF YOU KNOW THE ORIGIN AND INSERTIONS OF THE MUSCLES YOU CAN DETERMINE THEIR ACTIONS. THE MUSCLE ALWAYS MOVES TOWARD THE ORIGIN TO SHORTEN THE ANGLE. IF THE MUSCLE CROSSES 2 JOINTS IT WILL MOVE THE DISTAL PART, USUALLY ASSIST FLEXION,ADDUCT OR ABDUCT, AND THE MAIN ACTION WILL BE ON THE MORE PROXIMAL JOINT.
AS FOR THE UPPER LIMB, ALL OF THE WRIST EXTENSORS ORIGINATE ON THE LATERAL EPICONDYLE OF THE HUMERUS, LOOK AT THEIR NAMES THEY WILL ALL EXTEND THE WRIST AND IF THE NAME HAS ANYTHING ELSE SUCH AS DIGITORUM IT WILL MOVE THE FINGERS TOO, IF IT SAYS CARPI IT WILL EXTEND THAT AREA BUT EITHER ADDUCT FOR ULNARIS OR ABDUCT FOR RADIUS,AND THE FLEXORS ON THE MEDIAL EPICONDYLE.
FOR THE ROTATOR CUFF MUSCLES: SITS,SUPRASPINATUS, INFRASPINATUS, TERES MINOR AND SUBSCAPULARIS
ALL OF THEIR ORIGINS ARE IN THE FOSSA OF THEIR RESPECTIVE NAMES, OTHER THAN TERES MINOR AND THEY ALL INSERT ON THE GREATER TUBERCLE OF THE HUMERUS EXCEPT SUBSCAPULARIS, LESSER TUBERCLE.SITS: THE FIRST ABDUCTS, SECOND TWO LATERALLY ROTATE AND THE LAST MEDIALLY ROTATES.I HOPE SOME OF THIS HELPS :D