Anatomy lectures

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chelewn

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone tell me which anatomy lectures are the best?
I know that the following two lecture 'bunks' exist
- Dr. Najeeb Lectures
- Acland's Anatomy Lectures
There are probably many more - please tell me which :)

I would like some really great anatomy lectures that I can watch.

I've also heard something about watching them at 2x or 2.5x speed is better than watching them at 1x speed. Can someone tell me about this?

Thanks a lot

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Can someone tell me which anatomy lectures are the best?
I know that the following two lecture 'bunks' exist
- Dr. Najeeb Lectures
- Acland's Anatomy Lectures
There are probably many more - please tell me which :)

I would like some really great anatomy lectures that I can watch.

I've also heard something about watching them at 2x or 2.5x speed is better than watching them at 1x speed. Can someone tell me about this?

Thanks a lot

Acland is the bomb. I usually watch him about 1.5 x the first time and then speed up to 2x if I repeat it. Youtube videos are good for more conceptual anatomy topics. I found the handwritten tutorials on youtube good for Neuro.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for your answer!
- but I heard Acland doesn't go in much detail? :)

Acland is good for practicals and IDing structures. Because a lot of the time you're in lab mucking through fat and you have no idea what you're looking for.

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks for your answer!

It covers the important clinical structures. If you want more detail, go to a textbook. I found it sufficient for my courses, but every school I guess is different.

Reactions: 1 users
Acland goes into plenty of detail. If your school requires you to technically describe origins and insertions (like mine does) then sure, he doesn't give you that...but you can watch with your KLM or Gray's or whatever textbook and read origins and insertions from a table as he goes through it. No big deal.

so out of
- Acland
- Dr. Najeeb
- Kaplan USMLE step 1 lectures
- Anthony Goodman

... Acland is the best?

No, Acland for lab. But, there is no good 1 source for anatomy. Get an Atlas, Clinical Moores for the blue boxes and lecture notes with objectives and pray to Jesus, Jehovah, Allah, Krishna, Tupac.

No one can help you with Anatomy, its the class that taught us all what to expect in medical school its what you take your innate abilities, work ethic and figure out what type of person you are ***** or power.

Download VLC player to watch on higher speeds (a must).

I like Najeeb for neuroanatomy and watched a few Aclands for gross. I though just drilling Netter and supplementing with BRS and Grays Anatomy Review for the clinical portion was a way better use of my time. If the videos work for you, go for it. Personally, active studying was more productive for me.

Grays Anatomy Review is great. There's probably ~1000 questions with explanations. It'll really help you hone in on your weak areas. They're more clinical anatomy though. So for gross, Aclands is great, but really, you just have to put in the time to memorize it in the lab and at home with a good atlas like Rohen.

Reactions: 1 users
Acland's dissections are amazing! They were a great supplement to anatomy practicals- especially for an overview at the beginning of your unit, and then later to get in extra "gross lab" time. I like how he starts by showing the bony attachments and sort of progress to each muscle layer, while also showing the muscle/bone planes of motion by actually moving the dissected specimen. He gets some good camera angles too.

You didn't ask about texts, but I really, really liked Clinically Oriented Anatomy and Rohen's Atlas as well.

Reactions: 2 users
Grays Anatomy Review is great. There's probably ~1000 questions with explanations. It'll really help you hone in on your weak areas. They're more clinical anatomy though. So for gross, Aclands is great, but really, you just have to put in the time to memorize it in the lab and at home with a good atlas like Rohen.

My professor wrote that book!