anatomy... LIMBS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

diantist

lil dentist
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey can any 1 tell me what part is important to study in the limbs.. upper and lower.... any specific topics... gota start it .. so am confused... please let me know.. will be a great help....

Members don't see this ad.

diantist said:
hey can any 1 tell me what part is important to study in the limbs.. upper and lower.... any specific topics... gota start it .. so am confused... please let me know.. will be a great help....

Hey
Upper limbs are very important..the supply, innervation etc etc and most imp is brachial plexus.....they say u may get 1 or 2 questions on lower limbs but not everybody gets questions on it...so if u have time u can go through it but be thorough with upper limbs....hope this helps...

shlo said:
Hey
Upper limbs are very important..the supply, innervation etc etc and most imp is brachial plexus.....they say u may get 1 or 2 questions on lower limbs but not everybody gets questions on it...so if u have time u can go through it but be thorough with upper limbs....hope this helps...
according to me every piece of information is important,,u can get questions from any corner,,,and limbs :eek: ,,u cannot afford to skip that,,,atleast one thorough reading of complete notes and repeated readings of decks should cover every topic,,

good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
In the old exams I never even saw a question on the lower limbs. Ever! Either that it was so dang easy that I just skipped right on by. Even the upper limbs on the old exams. Easy! Nothing hard at all. Is it like this on the real exam? Please share your experiences of HOW MANY questions you had on both upper and lower limb together. Thanks.

lower limbs r not mentioned in the syllabus issued by ada although upper limbs are specifically mentioned. so if anyone can pls tell if lower limbs questions are there or not in the exams.

sweetgal said:
according to me every piece of information is important,,u can get questions from any corner,,,and limbs :eek: ,,u cannot afford to skip that,,,atleast one thorough reading of complete notes and repeated readings of decks should cover every topic,,

good luck

By"readings of decks should cover every topic,,", you mean cover every topic for anatomy? or all subjects?

any 1 else... is there some 1 who has read BD Chaurasia.... what topics specific in that book...

usdrm said:
By"readings of decks should cover every topic,,", you mean cover every topic for anatomy? or all subjects?
u shd read decks as well as notes to cover every topic i told,,,,,i dont think anything else is required for anatomy,,coz already it is very detailed in notes itself,,,hope this helps

notes.... u mean the kaplan notes....or which 1.... the kaps i have they just have brachial plexus and little abt the lesions..shoulder elbow.... etc just abt 5 lines..... is that ok... im confused....

sweetgal said:
u shd read decks as well as notes to cover every topic i told,,,,,i dont think anything else is required for anatomy,,coz already it is very detailed in notes itself,,,hope this helps

Thank you! but what's "notes"? I have only a month left and I haven't finished the deck for once and touch any exams yet. which part of Kaplan should I read if I have only a couple a days left at last?

Thank you!!

usdrm said:
Thank you! but what's "notes"? I have only a month left and I haven't finished the deck for once and touch any exams yet. which part of Kaplan should I read if I have only a couple a days left at last?

Thank you!!
actually according to me the whole kapaln review notes is important if u have lots of time to read then u should go for it,,and its like a good foundation for further studies with decks and q'papers,,but if u r good at basics,,u can directly go for decks and question papers,,,,i found it helpful coz i am not so good at anat and biochem :smuggrin: but still i dint get good score in those subjects :( ,,,

sweetgal said:
actually according to me the whole kapaln review notes is important if u have lots of time to read then u should go for it,,and its like a good foundation for further studies with decks and q'papers,,but if u r good at basics,,u can directly go for decks and question papers,,,,i found it helpful coz i am not so good at anat and biochem :smuggrin: but still i dint get good score in those subjects :( ,,,

Thanks!! Actually you did quite good. I don't know I can get your score for my second time. after all it's been so long time since I graduated. I'll get a kaplan.
Keep up the good work. God will bless you for sure.

sweetgal said:

One more thing please, did you find something from the exam that are in kaplan but not in the deck? a little or quite some?
thanks!

usdrm said:
One more thing please, did you find something from the exam that are in kaplan but not in the deck? a little or quite some?
thanks!
yes i did find some questions which were not in decks and question papers,,but in notes,,,so if u want to take chance with 4-5 questions,,then its ok if u dont read notes,,,,but my advice is go thru at least once,,,,,

good luck

sweetgal said:
yes i did find some questions which were not in decks and question papers,,but in notes,,,so if u want to take chance with 4-5 questions,,then its ok if u dont read notes,,,,but my advice is go thru at least once,,,,,

good luck

Thank you so much! I hate to ask you more, but is the "note" different from the review book? If yes, do you still have the note and wanna sell?

usdrm said:
Thank you so much! I hate to ask you more, but is the "note" different from the review book? If yes, do you still have the note and wanna sell?
no dear sorry to confuse u but notes and review book are the same

good luck