This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deleted765155

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
The complete anatomy 3D app, it was amazing! It kinda sucks with organs but otherwise, it is a great supplement to netters and helps you visualize very specific vessels, bones, muscle, etc.!

What are some resources that you have found to be the most beneficial towards learning Anatomy as an MS1?
Essential Anatomy and Gray's Anatomy review questions. But what helped the most was spending lots of time going over structures on multiple cadavers with my classmates, repeatedly quizzing each other.

Members don't see this ad :)
Netters

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

It looks like you can only use Complete Anatomy if you have a compatible device (certain generations of iPad). Is there anyway around this that you know of?

Edit: Nvm, I see that you can download it for Windows 10 or Mac also
yea dude, try it out! there's a trial version and it won't disappoint

For me, nothing even came close to actually being in lab looking at cadavers with friends. We met up and went through our structure lists 1-2x a week and we all killed anatomy. Netanatomy was a decent resource our school provided for us for outside of school studying.

Reactions: 1 user
Free and great: Anatomy Practicals

These are virtual both written and practical practice exams out of Michigan. They were super helpful because, on the practical practice exams, you get quizzed using real cadavers.

200_s.gif

Reactions: 1 users
Color Atlas of Anatomy (Yokochi) was great to identify stuff on cadavers if you didn't want to go to the anatomy lab to study (though, don't forgo going to the lab and learning the structures from different cadavers. No book can substitute that).

And Lipincott's Anatomy and Embryo Q & A for anatomy and embryology questions.

And I second the UMich website. Great resource for practice questions (theory and lab questions)

Nothing beats open lab with a friend and a dissector guide on someone else's cadeaver. Go over the weeks material from start to finish.

TeachMeAnatomy.info is a solid free resource. Also, I downloaded 3D anatomy software from the Mac App store that was very useful.

Used Lecturio and loved it. The vids pre book reading made a ton of difference. Ended up combining it with netters atlas and moores clinical anatomy.
When I was stressed for time I ended up using lecturio + anatomy made simple + BRS anatomy review.

Honorable mentions used by friends; kenhub, najeeb (for head and neck), grays anatomy (essential), sobotta atlas.

Also, have heard good things often on this forum on teachmeanatomy.

Finally, dissect and stare at cadavers often!

I used solely the lectures and Netter's. Also spent a lot of extra time at the lab with the cadaver, frequently asking the lab staff for clarifications.

BRS anatomy for the clinical based questions! Its easy to get so caught up in the practical half of the course and neglect the clinical aspect

Davinci academy book/videos, color atlas for cadaver dissections, and netter flashcards. I used and had a couple friends use davinci academy's book and videos and we loved them. They were awesome and really spelled out what I got tested on. Newer company but really super solid work using clinical cases to help understand. I also did cadaver dissections over and over again, repeat dissections all the time so that lecture notes and davinci videos help connect the dots for you.

Complete Anatomy app on something mobile (not your phone) with a touchscreen. Amazing, interactive illustrations and it even have animations of the muscle motions so that you can really see what the muscles are doing and relate attachment to function.

lolololol I love it when suddenly year-old threads are suddenly brought back to life

Acland videos were decent, but damn is that guy creepy.

I literally think the specimens he uses are from homeless people who he axed on his way to the filming studio. So creepy.

I found going into lab to study for practicals a massive waste of time. I got my unwitting girlfriend to quiz me with the Netters flash cards and used NetAnatomy, always scored in the top 10% in class on practicals.

depends on how hardcore your school is.
I didn't find anything nearly as useful as studying the prosection videos we were given followed by finding everything for myself in lab with a partner or two.

the key is consistency.

Status
Not open for further replies.