Ravendown

7+ Year Member
Dec 26, 2009
Status
Medical Student
Is the embryo section in First aid good enough for the embryo component of the shelf? It's only 25 questions i think, but i want to be sure. Want about the regular anatomy? is it good in 1st aid? Seems pretty lengthy for the most part.

MilkmanAl

Al the Ass Mod
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 23, 2008
Kansas City, MO
www.facebook.com
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I read the chapter summaries and did the practice questions in the BRS and read HY Embryo. That was enough for a pretty darn good score.

Ravendown

7+ Year Member
Dec 26, 2009
Status
Medical Student
Yeah I figured. I just went over it this morning in first aid, and it didn't look enough at all. Guess i'll just have to stick to high yield embryo. Did any of you have any particular study methods that were effective for embryo? For me, 1: it's boring [a lot of it at least] and 2. some of the material just doesn't seem to make any sense at all...

Ravendown

7+ Year Member
Dec 26, 2009
Status
Medical Student
I just took the shelf exam yesterday. It wasn't so bad, but the embryo section was pretty hard. And what's the difference btw embryo and developmental anatomy? It's only 5 questions. I feel like a monkey just decided to do that on a whim.

Forthegood

ProcrastinationAficionado
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 6, 2008
Lexington, KY
Status
Medical Student
The review books are good for the clinical stuff (sprains, fractures, etc). But seriously... just review all of your anatomy. There is really not that much that you should have to go over. After getting pummeled by other classes with many times more information, a quick, thorough review of anatomy/embryo might even be an enjoyable break for a few days.