Anatomy study advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredoctor10

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys!
What advice do you have for studying anatomy? Any online resources/websites?

Anyone used this source: the Gross Anatomy study materials from Doctors in Training?
http://www.doctorsintraining.com/GrossAnatomy.html

Members don't see this ad.

3) One great resource, though I hate to admit it, is UMich's anatomy website. Don't have the link, but its easy to find. They have practice quizzes and practical quizzes for basically everything - its money.

I second this.

Members don't see this ad :)
There are a random assortment of anatomy notes on my web site. Just check the link below and you can sort through it.

Above is great advice. You'll be suprised how much the internet can help. You will find your particular method eventually, but here's mine:

I reference everything my professor gives us/lists in Netter's and Rohen's. That is usually enough. On units with lots of muscles I throw Melloni's in there (nicely displays action, innervation, attachments, and vascular supply all in table form). Radiographs and cross-sections I view on an as-needed basis.

I cannot even begin to tell you how clutch Rohen's is on head and neck.

I really like anatomy and physiology revealed. It is a software program that lets you quiz yourself in different ways on both anatomy and physiology. It also lets you quiz yourself on histology and has some radiology as well. It is really concise/basic also, which was good at my school because we didn't have a very detail oriented gross anatomy class. I highly recommend it.

I really like anatomy and physiology revealed. It is a software program that lets you quiz yourself in different ways on both anatomy and physiology. It also lets you quiz yourself on histology and has some radiology as well. It is really concise/basic also, which was good at my school because we didn't have a very detail oriented gross anatomy class. I highly recommend it.

anatomy and physiology revealed for med school? Wow! I thought it was pretty elementary and useless even when I was taking my undergrad- intro A&P:confused:

I think Acland DVDs are the best for knowing structures (not clinical anatomy though).

suny downstate website for sure
I really hate the UMich practical portion because they give you ground meat with no orientation and expect you to magically produce the answer. If you get it wrong...try again....20 times. That being said....before I knew better and suffered through those, I did get really damn good at identifying what used to be such and such muscle. But you never see mangled muscles (hearts esp) like that being tagged on a real practical soooo.
Suny gives you structures resembling what they are supposed to be, gives you the answer so you know what you need to learn and has about 5 times the material.

As far as practice written....I guess UMich is pretty good but I find that mixture of BRS and Snells usually does the best job.

Hey Guys!
What advice do you have for studying anatomy? Any online resources/websites?

Anyone used this source: the Gross Anatomy study materials from Doctors in Training?
http://www.doctorsintraining.com/GrossAnatomy.html

To be honest..the only way to ace our gross exams is to memorize most of Moores.

Week before the test I make a study guide with everything in moores and memorize it. Worked great so far.

You just need to grind it out brah

To be honest..the only way to ace our gross exams is to memorize most of Moores.

Week before the test I make a study guide with everything in moores and memorize it. Worked great so far.

What type of study guide? Would u be so nice to post one? I am curious b/c it seems that u are able to create the study guide relatively and with great results!!

Thanks a lot!!!:)

I knew everything in "baby" Moore(Essential Clinical Anatomy) but learned the Blue boxes in Big Moore (Clinically Oriented Anatomy). Big Moore was far too much detail but "baby" Moore was just right for those things to absolutely KNOW for the exam. Big Moore's Blue Boxes were awesome. Didn't bother or have time for a bunch of outside website.