anatomy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nug

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do the majority of med students take an undergrad anatomy course before entering med school? thanks

Members don't see this ad.

i didn't. wish i had. but on the other hand, i had tons of molecular bio and biochem so after 1st semester was over i cruised . . . take anatomy beforehand no it's not necessary . . . many of us didn't , but it sure will make it easier for you in med school remembering what goes through foramen rotundum.

Members don't see this ad :)
No.

You only have four years in college. Enjoy them, and spend your time taking courses in subjects you probably never study again, such as history, philosophy, and literature.

Don't worry, you'll learn all the anatomy you need to know during medical school. Don't cheat yourself out of a liberal arts education.

Cheers,
doepug

I agree with the previous post. Most people have not had anatomy prior to med school (at least at my school). If you're interested in taking the class and have the time, fine, otherwise don't sweat it.

I'm glad I did and felt like I had an advantage over my friends, at least at the beginning. It's simply a matter of exposure, just like all premed classes. Some schools are not keen on letting premeds take Anatomy (my premed advisor said "you'll get it in med school," and I had to work the system to even get into it), but I was glad I did.

It's certainly not a requirement--you WILL get it again. But it's a memory-intensive class, and those types are always nice to see repeatedly.

--Brendan--
<"}}}}}><