anatomy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JANPLME

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
My school requires grant's atlas for anatomy and recommends either netter's or rohen's. Any tips on which one is better or more useful. What about "Anatomy made ridiculously simple" or one of those Anatomy quick-review guides?

Members don't see this ad.

First of all, I'm assuming you have both practical as well as written exams for your anatomy class. My advice is to not buy Grants. They probably only require that because you're using Grant's Disector. Grant's atlas has a lot of mistakes in it. We used Netter's atlas, which is excellent. I still use it, you know, for the one or two tiny little vessels I can never seem to remember. As far as the review books, buy them now. That goes for all your classes. Buy one good Step 1 review book and read it before your tests. That will give you the condensed version before every test as well as help you tremendously when it comes time for Boards. Hope this helped. Good luck.

Netter is amazing.

Just my two cents.

------------------
Joshua Paul Hazelton, CNA, EMT-B
[email protected]
University of the Sciences in Philadelphia (2002)
"D.O. Wannabe"

Members don't see this ad :)
Netter is great for learning relationships and quick review of vessel/nerve branching patterns, etc. Rohen is an atlas of real cadaver dissections..excellent for studying for your practicals. My advice is to get both Netter and Rohen. Don't bother with Grants in my opinion.

can someone please guide me about where from I can get the Netters atlas,is it possible to get it from the web.

Also, last year I believe the AMA gave away free Netter atlases when you joined up.

I have both Netter and Rohen. Both were great, and I am glad I bought them. Netter is perfect for learning all the details, and Rohen is perfect for studying for the labs practical exams. I'm sure this isn't the proper way to do things, but I never went to lab outside of normal lab hours to study for exams-- Rohen was enough to look at and do very well grade-wise.