Anbody waitlisted at Midwestern?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brasilia01

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey if anyone else is waitlisted at Midwestern, can you tell me your stats? Also tell me what campus. My stats are OGPA - 2.95, SGPA - 2.87, PCAT comp -79%. Thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

CPG - 3.91 GPA, 63 PCAT, lots of experience and volunteer work.

can someone please tell me what exactly waitlist means? I'm assuming that you're on the waitlist after you've been interviewed and is a potential candidate if another student gives up his/her seat?

I'm still waiting to hear from Midwestern, they seem to take their time with my application after receiving everything by mid Jan.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
waitlist means that you have gone for the interview at Midwestern, and then received a letter a couple weeks after saying your on the alternate list (wait list). This means that you have not been declined nor accepted, and have the possibility of being accepted later on in the process.

Waitlisted at Midwestern-Glendale

OGPA - 2.96, SGPA - 2.8, PCAT comp -91%.

1.5 yr Hospital experience & 6 months of tech experience
-the interview killed me, i did really bad on it since it was my very first formal interview.

So does anybody know if CPG makes decisions per interview session ( kinda like rolling ) or do they wait to makes decisions from an entire month's interview, or how do they do it..anybody know??

Waitlisted at Midwestern-Glendale

OGPA - 2.96, SGPA - 2.8, PCAT comp -91%.

1.5 yr Hospital experience & 6 months of tech experience
-the interview killed me, i did really bad on it since it was my very first formal interview.

Hey UCIGUY, you are like my twin brother!

Overall GPA: 3.15
Science GPA: 2.87
PCAT: 91 Composite
Experience: Worked at hospital management co. for 1 year, CA pharmtech for 4 months at CVS

I had my interview back in December and I'm pretty sure that's what got me on the alternate list...I was pretty nervous and definitely didn't practice enough to give the panel good answers. I wish I had practiced more since I still haven't received word from other schools...the wait is killing me!

Funny thing though...I called the adcom at MWUCPG and asked what are my chances of getting in. She replied, "Last year we exhausted the alternate list!" It's just weird cuz some other forum members state that they didn't get accepted after being placed on the waitlist last year!

Anways...hope that means good news for us!

Hey UCIGUY, you are like my twin brother!

Overall GPA: 3.15
Science GPA: 2.87
PCAT: 91 Composite
Experience: Worked at hospital management co. for 1 year, CA pharmtech for 4 months at CVS

I had my interview back in December and I'm pretty sure that's what got me on the alternate list...I was pretty nervous and definitely didn't practice enough to give the panel good answers. I wish I had practiced more since I still haven't received word from other schools...the wait is killing me!

Funny thing though...I called the adcom at MWUCPG and asked what are my chances of getting in. She replied, "Last year we exhausted the alternate list!" It's just weird cuz some other forum members state that they didn't get accepted after being placed on the waitlist last year!

Anways...hope that means good news for us!

The best of luck to both of you. I just wanted to complain about the people that are in the admissions offices. I understand they receive a lot of applications and paperwork to organize for each person and send it off to be looked over, setup interviews phonecalls complaints questions etc. I totally respect that. My complaint is when they send you a request for something and if you respond promptly, my experience with every school thus far has been a long delay in either responding or giving contradicting answers. For example my best friend graduated from Albany pharmacy school. they sent him a letter stating if he knew any applicants he'd like to write a letter of recommendation for, they'd wave the application fee. I thought that was great had him contact the school to see what to do. The first person told him it was true no problem just attach his comments to the supplimental form. The next day another admissions officer emailed him stating they weren't going to honor what the letter said since they received so many applications, it would be a waste of both our time and money. I was quite irate.

I hope the best for you and they didn't just say something to make you happy and get off the phone :)

So does anybody know if CPG makes decisions per interview session ( kinda like rolling ) or do they wait to makes decisions from an entire month's interview, or how do they do it..anybody know??

It is rolling. They make decisions, yes, no, or waitlist after each interview day.

Thanx boss,...that's good to hear. But from navigating this site I get the feeling that CPG interviews a LOAD of people...I wonder how they come up with final acceptances...and it appears the alternate list is super long.....just on this site, there are a lot of people waitlisted....not to mention the numerous applicants who are not even on here.

The info on Pharmcas says Midwestern interviews 500 people. The entering class size is about 130 (not 175 like Pharmcas says). I have a friend who already goes to Midwestern, and she said not to worry if you get wait-listed, because a lot of people in her class did, and then they got in.

I was waitlisted at Midwestern-CPG also after my interview... 3.41 overall, 3.1 science, 86% PCAT.

I guess the good news is I didn't get outright rejected and a lot of waitlisted people actually get offered admission.

Is it too late to apply to Midwestern CCP? I already submitted my Pharmcas back in December, but I haven't even done my supp. application yet. I know that they're on a rolling admission and I don't know if it is too late to apply now even though the deadline is March 1st. My GPA is 3.2, no degree, 4 years hospital experience with 2 years being a pharm tech, few months in retail, 2 years in home health care, PCAT 59%, and still waiting for the January PCAT score. I hope I did better on my PCAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
it's never too late. it doesn't hurt to try, right? at the most you'll be out $40. but the earlier you apply, though, the better chance you have because of the rolling admissions.

I've got my interview coming on March 12....
my stats are similiar to some of you who have posted....so it should all be okay in the end....
but i don't wanna be waitlisted :(

it's never too late. it doesn't hurt to try, right? at the most you'll be out $40. but the earlier you apply, though, the better chance you have because of the rolling admissions.

actually it's $50 lol I'm sooooooooo poor now. I already mailed in my application yesterday.

I've got my interview coming on March 12....
my stats are similiar to some of you who have posted....so it should all be okay in the end....
but i don't wanna be waitlisted :(

what are your stats? When did you complete your application?

Now I'm kicking myself for it cause I didn't complete my application sooner. Well, I'm hoping to at least get a MCV.

Now I'm kicking myself for it cause I didn't complete my application sooner. Well, I'm hoping to at least get a MCV.

lol, yeah same here! I was late though because i wanted to perfect my personal statement. And i work best under pressure, which is usually the last minute when it's due :)
it'll all be okay though. I'm sure we'll all do great and get in. You're going to wait anyway, whether you sit patiently or hit your head against the wall.....so we might as well keep hope, and know that everything will work out for the best, ya know?

Kellybean, may I ask for your stats please?

I feel the exact same way, if only I didn't miss the PCAT deadline for June I could have applied earlier in the FALL and now I turned in my application in early January and have an interview this friday, I feel I am just interviewing for a spot on the waitlist.. =/

I already listed my stats above, but here it is again

GPA: 3.2
PCAT: 59% (more than 90% in math and chemistry sections, but really bad in the other sections and still waiting for the January PCAT score)
Experience: 4 years hospital, few months retail, 2 years home health care
Mailed application out: 2/20/07
Didn't have anyone read over my personal statement. LORs are probably ok.

I know that there is nothing I can do now, but I just like the idea of knowing what will my life be like for next year. The class is 3/4 full already. Yikes!!

Who told you the class was 3/4 full? Just wondering.

The admission office when I emailed and asked them yesterday.

I am waitlisted @ CPG.
Stats: 3.1 sgpa, 3.4 ogpa, 85% pcat
This sucks.

waitisted but still have one other interview so still hopeful :)
OGPA 3.3 SGPA 3.25 comp PCAT 99

waitisted but still have one other interview so still hopeful :)
OGPA 3.3 SGPA 3.25 comp PCAT 99

Wow with those stats??...How did u find out..by mail or interact now??

I recieved a letter in the mail yesterday Monday March 5th telling me I was waitlisted

I got waitlisted at both midwestern Glendale and midwestern chicago.

gpa 3.6
sgpa 3.8
Pcat 75

and no experience

I emailed both schools inquiring about the length of the alternate list. glendale didn't respond and chicago said it was around seventy.

One staff at CPG told me its around 100, I called another day and asked another staff, she refused to give me an answer and said she does not know, I'm thinking YEAH RIGHT! They don't rank wailisted candidates, they just go review your application again. The admissions people do not reveal much, they pretty much say the standard stuff.

One staff at CPG told me its around 100, I called another day and asked another staff, she refused to give me an answer and said she does not know, I'm thinking YEAH RIGHT! They don't rank wailisted candidates, they just go review your application again. The admissions people do not reveal much, they pretty much say the standard stuff.

That is BS...there is no way it is 100....she tried to get u off the phone. The number is actually staggering...I mean they've prob interviewed over 500 ppl...and ppl either get accepted or waitlisted....there is no way it is 100:eek:

I don't trust that "100" anyway, how many people do u guys think have been wailisted? I gather it must be an awfully long list. Maybe that's why the second staff I asked refused to reveal the number. One of the staff added, 10 - 30 people were accepted from the wailist in previous years. Who knows if these numbers are correct!?!?!?

honestly they are better off rejecting people after interviews than putting everyone into the alternate list. Obviously if they interview like they say around 400 for 130 spots that makes the alternate list over 250. if in the past they event ook 50, that is 200 people that could be considerably lowered just out of being polite to the applicants instead of giving such false hope to those that they know will not even have a chance at that point.

waitlisted
interview march 16
gpa 3.04
pcat98
great interview
90 hrs pharmacy volunteer
other volunteer stuff
BS biological science

Yeah i agree, there is no way that it is at 100. Try like 250. I really don't think anyone has been rejected that has had an interview. Oh and I doubt that 30 people will be called from the waitlist. I can see maybe 10. Just face it, we're screwed!

honestly they are better off rejecting people after interviews than putting everyone into the alternate list. Obviously if they interview like they say around 400 for 130 spots that makes the alternate list over 250. if in the past they event ook 50, that is 200 people that could be considerably lowered just out of being polite to the applicants instead of giving such false hope to those that they know will not even have a chance at that point.

I agree. They should reject people instead of putting them on a waitlist if they have no hope of getting in. It saves people the time of taking classes that the don't need to take under the guises that they have a chance of getting in.

waitlisted= slow painful death
ogpa:3.19
sgpa:3.28
PCAT:87%
B.S. in bio
Pharm tech, lots of volunteering exp ( hospital,hospice)