1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

anchorage to st. louis, advice needed

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by jdub, Mar 12, 2002.

1. jdub

jdub Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    this is a question for just about anyone, of course it is a little more applicable to some . . .

what flights are the cheapest and require the least amount of time when flying to st louis from anchorage? is there a way to drive a rental from another city?

i scheduled my interview on the 16th of april because i was hoping to get into a school before then, but all i have gotten are a couple more waitlist invites , so i was thinking about flying there but it cost so much i am also thinking about taking my chances with the four waitlists i am on right now, and the responses that i will get from ucla/drew and mcp-hahnemann.

anyhow, my interview is on a tuesday and i pretty much have to miss three days of work to go and also get a "reasonably priced" flight. the best i have found is between $550 and $700. i have looked at orbitz, priceline, hotwire, travelocity, council and sta travel. the thing is that if i miss three days of work that is another $400-$500 in lost wages. what to do?

kind of long winded, eh? well my plan now is to wait to hear from ucla/drew and mcphu, they both should be sending stuff by the end of march. can i wait until april 1st or 2nd to by a ticket for the 15th?

what it comes down to is money, $1200-$1400 for one interview? that is a significant part of my monthly wages. i am definitely losing interest in this process, it is becoming more absurd by the day . . .

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

Try Northwest. I've been using them exclusively, and geting better deals through their website than I've found anywhere else. I recently found a $373 ticket to Boston!! I just did a quick search, and you should be able to fly out on Sat. and return after your interview on Tues for about $425. That's $125 cheaper and you'd only miss 2 days of work. Try to stay with a student host.

4. jdub

jdub Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    thanks for the response, i'll try out the northwest web site. i work at the new applebee's now, as well as substiute teaching, so i have to work on saturdays. hopefully leaving sunday will be okay.

5. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

It probably won't work. Saturday night stays are always required for getting a good fare.