And so it begins: Executive order to ease ACA regulatory burdens

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sig123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It is symbolic. Without any specifics, it is only a shot across the bow of the ACA. It does signal prelude of what awaits the ACA.

"Sec. 2. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Secretary of Health and Human Services (Secretary) and the heads of all other executive departments and agencies (agencies) with authorities and responsibilities under the Act shall exercise all authority and discretion available to them to waive, defer, grant exemptions from, or delay the implementation of any provision or requirement of the Act that would impose a fiscal burden on any State or a cost, fee, tax, penalty, or regulatory burden on individuals, families, healthcare providers, health insurers, patients, recipients of healthcare services, purchasers of health insurance, or makers of medical devices, products, or medications."

Reactions: 4 users
"Sec. 2. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Secretary of Health and Human Services (Secretary) and the heads of all other executive departments and agencies (agencies) with authorities and responsibilities under the Act shall exercise all authority and discretion available to them to waive, defer, grant exemptions from, or delay the implementation of any provision or requirement of the Act that would impose a fiscal burden on any State or a cost, fee, tax, penalty, or regulatory burden on individuals, families, healthcare providers, health insurers, patients, recipients of healthcare services, purchasers of health insurance, or makers of medical devices, products, or medications."

Does this mean folks who refuse to pay the ACA tax are now exempt from financial penalties for not buying insurance they don't want?

Does this mean folks who refuse to pay the ACA tax are now exempt from financial penalties for not buying insurance they don't want?

I would take away 'yes' after rereading the section.