$$$$ and summer classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stupid9234

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have to take Organic Chemistry this summer and was wondering if I should complete the whole year? Because my major is Biology I only have to take 2 out of 3 quarters. Because I am premed, I need to take a whole year. If I am doing well this summer what should I do?
  1. 1. Take 2 quarters in the summer and the last one either spring of junior or senior year. I will have a big load junior year. I will have 3 labs that quarter if I choose to take it junior year which are so time consuming. Senior year I want to have a lighter course load the quarter I graduate and start to possibly apply.
  2. Take 2 quarters in the summer and then take the second semester Organic (some overlap in material) somewhere else to meet both premed + major requirements.
  3. Take them all in the summer and have to spend almost 4,000 on the last quarter.
Although money is not that much of an issue because I have been very blessed, would the A be a wise investment in my future? The difference in colleges is not ranked to top 20. I think I will do very well this summer because one quarter is 8 weeks during the year, so 3 weeks during the summer isn't that much of a crunch considering I will have no other classes.

Members don't see this ad.

If I were you I would just get it over with. (I am taking the whole organic series this summer)

Reactions: 1 user
If I were you I would just get it over with. (I am taking the whole organic series this summer)
Yeah I think this is the best option, now to figure out if I want to pay the overpriced tuition here for the last quarter or take it elsewhere

Does anyone have any opinions on whether I should take Organic Chem 3 here and pay a lot or take a second semester at a cheaper university that may be viewed as easier?