1. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
Hey, Guest, do you know how much will it cost you to apply to medical school? Check out SDN's Medical School Application Cost Calculator and plan your budget.

$$$$ and summer classes

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by stupid9234, May 13, 2014.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. stupid9234

stupid9234

Apr 8, 2014
    I have to take Organic Chemistry this summer and was wondering if I should complete the whole year? Because my major is Biology I only have to take 2 out of 3 quarters. Because I am premed, I need to take a whole year. If I am doing well this summer what should I do?
    1. 1. Take 2 quarters in the summer and the last one either spring of junior or senior year. I will have a big load junior year. I will have 3 labs that quarter if I choose to take it junior year which are so time consuming. Senior year I want to have a lighter course load the quarter I graduate and start to possibly apply.
    2. Take 2 quarters in the summer and then take the second semester Organic (some overlap in material) somewhere else to meet both premed + major requirements.
    3. Take them all in the summer and have to spend almost 4,000 on the last quarter.
    Although money is not that much of an issue because I have been very blessed, would the A be a wise investment in my future? The difference in colleges is not ranked to top 20. I think I will do very well this summer because one quarter is 8 weeks during the year, so 3 weeks during the summer isn't that much of a crunch considering I will have no other classes.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. frosted_flake

frosted_flake waaahmbulance attendant Gold Donor 2+ Year Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Los Angeles
    If I were you I would just get it over with. (I am taking the whole organic series this summer)

stupid9234 likes this.
  4. stupid9234

stupid9234

Apr 8, 2014
    Yeah I think this is the best option, now to figure out if I want to pay the overpriced tuition here for the last quarter or take it elsewhere

5. stupid9234

stupid9234

Apr 8, 2014
    Does anyone have any opinions on whether I should take Organic Chem 3 here and pay a lot or take a second semester at a cheaper university that may be viewed as easier?