Anesthesia chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RainbowYoshi

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey so I've been looking at the match rates for anesthesia and I'm trying to get a realistic idea of my chance. 211 step, a couple case study pubs. Also how much does being bilingual help you for residency chances?

Members don't see this ad.

Your chances are fine. Check out NRMP match stats for chances of matching based on your Step 1 Score. Can't imagine bilinguality helps significantly. Maybe a small boost if you're fluent in Spanish in urban deep South?

Reactions: 1 user
211 is a little low. Apply broad and apply smart. If your goal is to attend ANY anesthesia residency apply to the smaller community programs in less desirable locations of the country and you'll get a good amount of bites. Don't bother with places like California, you'll be wasting your money. Residency is temporary so just tough it out in a crap location and then move later.

Hey so I've been looking at the match rates for anesthesia and I'm trying to get a realistic idea of my chance. 211 step, a couple case study pubs. Also how much does being bilingual help you for residency chances?

It seems like anesthesia has relatively many open spots for SOAP. If you have strong letters and mentors who’ll help you, your chances should be good.