Anesthesia Consultation Companies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Noyac

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of some Anesthesia Consultant Companies that are not AMC's? Preferably one that has offered some good results rather than offered to take over the place.

Members don't see this ad.

physynergy?
the blog is interesting.
Haven't used services, but seems different than your usual AMC.

Noyac, the consulting company that came to the place I left was worthless. Basically they gave them a lot of b.s. information about TEFRA and told them essentially that they didn't have to be in the room for the critical points in the case, just "available" (not a clearly agreed-to point with the regulators and a possible source of serious contention depending on who's doing the interpreting). IOW if those ****ers ever get audited CMS isn't going to care what those consultants said.

If it is your group that is asking for it, okay. (I'm PM'ing you with someone I heard speak at ASA 2013.)

Otherwise I would be careful about hiring any consultant. At least have some caveat that the results are going to be confidential and not shared with admin. If that isn't the case, you might be screwing yourself if for example they determine that you should hire a ton of CRNAs and go 4:1. Also I would be careful about hiring a consultant that understands the practice environment is very different in different regions of the country, which all of them should.