Anesthesia jobs/groups in Tennessee or South Kentucky

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharmado

PharmaDo
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am halfway through my CA-2 year and have been advised that it is now time to start networking and reaching out to groups for employment after graduation. My residency program is in Texas but I hope to move to central Tennessee or perhaps Kentucky or North Carolina after residency. I really don't have any good concept of what is the best method of networking with people out-of-state, especially as my program seriously limits the opportunities to attend meetings, restricting that mostly to CA-3's. Does anyone have any suggestions on networking approaches or any information on what the market is like in Tennessee (ideally the Nashville area)? Any helpful advice would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

It would be a good idea first to find out what the market is like in the state that you are interested in. Medicare and Medicaid percentage. Average reimbursement. Litigation environment. Fair employment. Safe city.

Then focus your energy on networking the desirable area.

It would be a good idea first to find out what the market is like in the state that you are interested in. Medicare and Medicaid percentage. Average reimbursement. Litigation environment. Fair employment. Safe city.

Then focus your energy on networking the desirable area.
I appreciate the suggestion, although I don't actually know how to do that. Finding crime statistics is easy enough as is finding the CMS conversion factor (although I'm not sure this plays a large roll since the government doesn't pay well and we'd all prefer private payers). Finding average reimbursement, percentage of Medicaid/care, payer mix, litigation environment, those are things that I'm not sure how to find. The goal would be to work near Nashville, although any place within a few hundred miles would also work well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Call amg in Nashville. They are looking. Ask to speak with one of the Anesthesiologists. Tell them you're interested in working in the area. Get info and tell them to keep you in mind. You'll be surprised how easy it is to talk to one of the partners and how much info you can get by showing genuine interest.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am not sure if they're hiring but I interviewed at Jackson Madison County General Hospital and it seemed like a really nice place to work. Cheri Spencer is the physician recruiter you should contact and ask her if any of the Anesthesia groups are hiring. There are 3 groups that provide anesthesia for that hospital I believe.

[email protected]
Physician Recruiter
Work: 731-541-4428