Anesthesia Match Phone Calls

Discussion in 'Clinical Rotations' started by John90210, Feb 1, 2002.

1. John90210

John90210 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Has anyone recieved phone calls from program directors/chairs from anes. depts expressing "serious interest" in you? This happened a lot in the previous years and has a happend to some people I know.

2. Sevo

Sevo Senior Member
    Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by John90210:
    <strong>Has anyone recieved phone calls from program directors/chairs from anes. depts expressing "serious interest" in you? This happened a lot in the previous years and has a happend to some people I know.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I've heard of this. The callers are usually from weaker programs (i.e. community hospitals) in an attempt to make sure they get ranked by you (by making promises to rank you "highly).

3. realruby2000

realruby2000 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

i know this is a bit off topic, but arent CNA's taking away many of the jobs for anesthesiolgist(sp?)? I was somewhat leaning towards this field but now i'm having second thoughts...anyone care to give some insight?

thanks

4. Magree

Magree Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Realruby:

The CNA impact on anesthesiologists is a source of endless posts and speculations. I suggest you do a search and you get plenty of opinions and maybe a fews stats. HOpe this helps.

Cheers,

M-

5. </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by John90210:
    <strong>Has anyone recieved phone calls from program directors/chairs from anes. depts expressing "serious interest" in you? This happened a lot in the previous years and has a happend to some people I know.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I've gotten a call from the PD of one of my top choices. Other programs have sent me emails about their interest and where I would rank.

6. meandragonbrett

10+ Year Member

PEOPLE! It's NOT CNA, that's a Certified Nurses assistant. It's CRNA Certified REGISTERED NURSE anesthetist. Not trying to be an A$$.

brett