Anesthesiologist Convicted of Molesting 21 Female Patients

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy was able to fit his penis in the woman's mouth while she was intubated? LOL.

The guy is a loser and a sociopath. There may be other molestations in his past. It appears he only assaulted woman who were given a "MAC" or TIVA as many recalled the event.

Members don't see this ad :)
As a resident we had a grand rounds on addictions from a gentleman who runs rehabilitation centers for doctors said that sexual addictions like this, though rare, are nearly impossible to overcome. He also said that 1 in 10 anesthesiologists will have a problem with drugs, with half of those affected involving alcohol.

Really? LOL? You find this funny? I don't get the comedy behind this at all. Totally disgusting physician and totally uncool remark on your end.

Yeah, I do find it funny. What's your point? You mean you've NEVER in your life ever laughed at something odd in the middle of something bad? Because, stop me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's normal human behavior, despite what you're trying to make it. I mean, I'm wondering if he used his peen as the bite block.

Back in ~1979 I remember a news story about an anesthesiologist who was convicted of draping himself in and molesting intubated pts, just like this guy. To this day, I don't understand how the room staff couldn't have known something was wrong.

I could see it. There's only going to be one person up at the head of the bed. The surgeon isn't going to be caring what's going on over there and the rest of the nurses generally stay below the level of the drapes. I've rarely seen a circulator move to the top of the bed -- sometimes, if the warmed fluids happen to be in cabinets on that wall and they need to get stuff for irrigation, but that's it. As long as you have balls, I could totally see that happening. Plus, the anesthesiologist could do anything they want to the patient. A lot of times I'll see the anesthesiologist or CRNA rustling around at chest level of the patient and they'll just say "one of my leads fell off." You could totally be going to town on the patient and nobody would find it amiss.

Is there some SDN mechanism for flagging ruralsurg as a perv or does he have to perseverate like morguekitty?

Yeah, I do find it funny. What's your point? You mean you've NEVER in your life ever laughed at something odd in the middle of something bad? Because, stop me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's normal human behavior, despite what you're trying to make it. I mean, I'm wondering if he used his peen as the bite block.
You need help. Sexual molestation of any sort is never funny no matter what the context. Really, you need help. I bet if this was your sister/mom/wife telling you this story or if it happened to you it would not be quite so amusing. You are disturbing.

Is there some SDN mechanism for flagging ruralsurg as a perv or does he have to perseverate like morguekitty?

You probably just have to hit the "report" button, but I'm pretty sure no TOS has been violated. Hope that helps.

You need help. Sexual molestation of any sort is never funny no matter what the context. Really, you need help. I bet if this was your sister/mom/wife telling you this story or if it happened to you it would not be quite so amusing. You are disturbing.

I'm not quite sure what your point is. I'm sure you've gone and watched a comedy movie where someone punches a woman and laughed uproariously. So if I said "oh, so you find violence against women funny?!? HOW DARE YOU!! What if that was your daughter??" would you care? Probably not. Now, this is real life, sure, but I'm also sure that you've, for example, laughed at Chris Rock making OJ Simpson jokes, which is also about real life. I can go on, if you want. Point is, I have no idea why it's "not allowed" to make fun of this anesthesiologist, which is what I'm doing. For some reason, YOU think I'm making fun of the patient, which I haven't. At this point, I'm actually just amused by your outrage. It's much funnier than this story.

I'm with ruralsurg. This Canadian doctor committed something so atrocious that it's not hard to laugh at it. Besides, the doctor eventually got what he deserved, so all is right with the world. Chocomorsel probably has a poor sense of humor

Or most likely is a woman, which is the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.