Anesthesiologist position in Austin, Texas?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

4everhopeful

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of any positions available in that area? And/or groups to reach out to/or stay away from? Planning a move there next summer. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I haven’t looked in awhile but a few years it was like 250k starting with 5 year to “partnership”

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I haven’t looked in awhile but a few years it was like 250k starting with 5 year to “partnership”
That was Capitol's model in the past, not sure what they are doing now. Times have changed, we have a much better package at AAG

We currently have a 2 year track for non fellowship, and 1 year track for pedi & cardiac. Will likely move to starting all new hires at full pay on day one with some form of delayed profit sharing in the near future. Very flexible vacation schedule. Incentive pay beyond 40 hours per week. Options to take extra call and make significantly more money.

We currently have a 2 year track for non fellowship, and 1 year track for pedi & cardiac. Will likely move to starting all new hires at full pay on day one with some form of delayed profit sharing in the near future. Very flexible vacation schedule. Incentive pay beyond 40 hours per week. Options to take extra call and make significantly more money.
right, but what is the "full pay" in dollary-doos?
Flexible vacation schedule is nice, but how much actual weeks of vacation do you get?

Reactions: 3 users
Yep capitol hasn’t adjust either. The jobs a joke. They sold to private equity and still want to underpay like crazy.

Neither job in Austin is good. Napa (AAG) better than USAP (capitol). But neither one worth the cost of living and traffic

Sounds so good until you realize it's $300k 1099 with 4 weeks vacation

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users
Sounds so good until you realize it's $300k 1099 with 4 weeks vacation

@PeterGriffin

Bored GIF

I think the people in Austin think austin will sell itself and they don’t have to do better. I guess they’re right to a certain extent

I think the people in Austin think austin will sell itself and they don’t have to do better. I guess they’re right to a certain extent
Well living in Austin may sound great until you need to pay the bills and save for retirement. This is a HARD PASS unless you have no other options.

I agree. I don’t understand the austin attraction. Dallas > austin >>>>>>> houston.
Only thing bad about dallas is the property taxes.