Anesthesiologist!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BB94

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am a international student, and I want study an anesthesiologist in the US. That is why I have a question. Can i study an anesthesiologist in the US with out green card ?

Thanks you !!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone, I am a international student, and I want study an anesthesiologist in the US. That is why I have a question. Can i study an anesthesiologist in the US with out green card ?

Thanks you !!!

I'm sure the anesthesiologist won't mind your studying him/her :naughty:

I think the International Forums is the best place to get better advice in this matter. Maybe @Catalystik @LizzyM @gyngyn can cue in as well.

Reactions: 1 users

Thanks you !!!

I'm pretty sure all of them are probably going to want you to have a green card. You would be best to email the individual school(s) of interest to you to inquire more.

Edited: There is some leniency, but the requirements without a green card look pretty onerous:

http://portals.computility.com/Default.aspx?tabid=331212

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks 2 guys. I will email for the school to know more clearly about this. Also Can I ask? Do I study an anesthesiologist is easy or very hard ?

Hi, I'm undergoing my anesthesiology training right now. I don't know if it's hard per say but it's definitely a long journey. You first have to get into medical school and survive it for 4 years before applying to anesthesiology residency programs and then undergoing further training for 4 years +/- fellowship. In your case, I'm not going to say it's impossible to get into medical school but it will be extremely hard if you don't have at least a green card or permanent resident status. Most schools, especially state medical schools, will not take international students because that's not in their mission. You can apply to private medical schools but that's also really hard as the competition are usually even steeper. You have to have really good scores for them to even consider you. Sorry if it sounds harsh but that's the reality for international students. I hope the best for you.