anesthesiologist's assistants salary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smokinjoe

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it true that AA's make the same amount of money as CRNAs? Can they work in every state?

Members don't see this ad.

A.A.'S CURRENTLY ARE LICENSED IN ONLY A FEW STATES(15, I THINK). THEIR TRAINING AND SALARIES ARE EQUIVALENT TO CRNA'S. SEE THE EMORY AND CASE WESTERN WEBSITES FOR THESE PROGRAMS. CURRENTLY THEY ARE THE ONLY PROGRAMS IN THE COUNTRY AND HAVE GRADUATED A TOTAL OF ABOUT 1000 A.A.'S.
COPIED FROM CASE WESTERN SITE RE: SALARY:
What is the average salary for a new graduate?
Salaries vary depending on the experience of the individual and the regional cost of living. The average
starting salary for a newly graduated Anesthesiologist Assistant is approximately $75,000 to $85,000 for a
40-hour work week plus benefits and consideration of on-call activity. An increase of approximately 10
to 20% should be expected after the first 1 to 2 years post graduation. Salaries are comparable to
compensation paid to Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists (CRNA) nationally.

What about RN's salary? And what about those poor LPN, how much do they make? Let's not forget the janitors...what's their pay scale like? I heard they don't make too much. Blah blah...so on and so forth.

Absurd. This is the freaking rotations and residencies forum! Get this crap out of here.

Members don't see this ad :)
What about RN's salary? And what about those poor LPN, how much do they make? Let's not forget the janitors...what's their pay scale like? I heard they don't make too much. Blah blah...so on and so forth.

Absurd. This is the freaking rotations and residencies forum! Get this crap out of here.

I'm a med student, but I don't think this is such a badly placed post. The plight of AA's, CRNA's, and Anesthesiologists are closely tied together. I for one considered Anesthesia for a while, but I was discouraged by the increasing predominance of CRNA's. I would be very interested in how many AA's there are out there, how attractive it is to new people going into it, and where they are allowed. So please speak for yourself, but I don't see any reason to bash posts.

Anesthesiology is once again a booming field jwouden...but this area certainly should be left for rotations and residencies not for ancillary personel.