Anesthesiologists Gone WILD:: From doctor to madman in under 2 minutes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Because physicians have a god-complex and think they're the ****? Why else?

are you pre-med? "pre-health" makes me worry you are going into some alternative natural somethingorother and just too "smart" for this board :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

Great trollin bro.

Hopefully his career is over...would you want this guy to be responsible for your life or your wife's life or your mom's life? No thanks.

Idk man he might actually be insane....

"After being arrested and placed inside the patrol car, troopers said Bird became disruptive, yelling about a $54,000 in cash troopers found in his car, officials said."

"Officers also found a loaded .44 caliber revolver and a Glock 21 with 13 rounds inside his vehicle along with two prescription bottles, reports show."

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Ho...age/-/1637132/14143484/-/8rqjirz/-/index.html

ok you should know better...
No, this guy's actions are not ideal and yes there needs to be repercussions.
No, this does not make the guy a piece of trash and yes, if he has a track record of competence I would still let him perform his duties as my physician. A mistake paid for in personal life is not the same as showing up drunk to the OR.

Also, sad as it is, many docs DO suffer from substance abuse and anesthesiologists a little more so (availability?).

It bothers me that we (and by this I mean you... and by "you" I mean most of pre-allo) can be so judgemental at times and in the same breath spew overworked nonsense about caring, empathy, compassion.... A compilation of posts by many of the people here would look like a hidden cam recording of a schizophrenic hearing voices.

You don't see any ND's doing this.

Just another reason ND>MD/DO.
Are you ND? If so please change your user tag. There is nothing "medical" about what you do. You are a gardener/herbalist. "Health Student" is the closest thing you can pick here without it being a blatant lie. "medicine" as a word has meaning. NDs claiming to be medical students is no different than me claiming to be native american because I was born in the USA. 1 coincidental commonality does not a doctor make. :thumbup: p.s. my bbq chicken has been turning out a little dry.... do you have anything for that?

Are you nd? If so please change your user tag. There is nothing "medical" about what you do. You are a gardener/herbalist. "health student" is the closest thing you can pick here without it being a blatant lie. "medicine" as a word has meaning. Nds claiming to be medical students is no different than me claiming to be native american because i was born in the usa. 1 coincidental commonality does not a doctor make. :thumbup: P.s. My bbq chicken has been turning out a little dry.... Do you have anything for that?

lol

Members don't see this ad :)
pre-med idealism at its best.

He most definitely got some disciplinary action. He is also very likely practicing as if the incident never happened. This is also a very clear reminder that physicians are also people and that people do sometimes make mistakes.

A very good many of you pre-med types here on SDN are also out binge drinking and being borderline ******ed on weekends (college weekends still start on wednesday, right?) and you have just had the good fortune not to get busted yet. I'll see you in the next bout of "got a public intox, how do I hide it from AMCAS" threads :laugh:

+1. Damn. The guy was an absolute idiot but hey shit happens....not going to be the end of his life. People here act like theyve never been shitfaced and gotten all riled up to the point of being completely out of control over nothing. Kick me out of your frat party, ill fucking piss in all yalls bathtubs, and then when you aint lookin im gonna steal your tap and use it to smash your bathroom window with! HA!

What was this guy doing with $54,000 in cash. Was he doing under the table anesthesia?

I've never had more than $300 cash in my wallet, and I've been practicing Anesthesia for a few years now.

pre-med idealism at its best.

He most definitely got some disciplinary action. He is also very likely practicing as if the incident never happened. This is also a very clear reminder that physicians are also people and that people do sometimes make mistakes.

A very good many of you pre-med types here on SDN are also out binge drinking and being borderline ******ed on weekends (college weekends still start on wednesday, right?) and you have just had the good fortune not to get busted yet. I'll see you in the next bout of "got a public intox, how do I hide it from AMCAS" threads :laugh:

I think you are misinterpreting my post. I am not talking about this higher calling, noble physician should be never be drinking thing. Regardless of what his profession is, his life is royally screwed that he is on tape, on the internet acting like that. If there were videos of me on certain weekends, hell even last night, I would be equally screwed.

The other post was more about the "higher calling". Either way I don't think any aspect of his life is over

The other post was more about the "higher calling". Either way I don't think any aspect of his life is over
Any patient who googles his name prior to using him, they will, will see that. Not good. Any company considering hiring him when his partners boot him from their practice, they will, will see that. Not good. I'd say this will affect his life dramatically.

What was this guy doing with $54,000 in cash. Was he doing under the table anesthesia?

I've never had more than $300 cash in my wallet, and I've been practicing Anesthesia for a few years now.

But what if you want to make it rain at the club? You gotta carry more than $300, that is a known fact.....

Any patient who googles his name prior to using him, they will, will see that. Not good. Any company considering hiring him when his partners boot him from their practice, they will, will see that. Not good. I'd say this will affect his life dramatically.

He runs his own business. As long as he doesn't get his license revoked (unlikely for a first offense) he will be fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
They will? Can you please also predict my future? How about the year the cubs will finally stop sucking.....

He is not uniquely bad here. Maybe those things did/will happen. But also maybe they didn't/won't. So maybe it won't dramatically effect him. ;) you can argue all you want on matters of if. But it is just speculation and you know what they say about speculations right? Me neither.... apparently not as catchy as the "assume" adage

They will? Can you please also predict my future? How about the year the cubs will finally stop sucking.....

He is not uniquely bad here. Maybe those things did/will happen. But also maybe they didn't/won't. So maybe it won't dramatically effect him. ;) you can argue all you want on matters of if. But it is just speculation and you know what they say about speculations right? Me neither.... apparently not as catchy as the "assume" adage
True, speculation. I feel it is an unfortunate situation to be in and I would be very worried.

He runs his own business. As long as he doesn't get his license revoked (unlikely for a first offense) he will be fine.
I have not read all of the articles/comments whatever, but doesn't he run some sort anesthesia service for a cosmetic surgery center? I feel like patients going for elective, cosmetic surgery will probably do research on the anesthesiologist who will be putting them under. Am I missing something?

I have not read all of the articles/comments whatever, but doesn't he run some sort anesthesia service for a cosmetic surgery center? I feel like patients going for elective, cosmetic surgery will probably do research on the anesthesiologist who will be putting them under. Am I missing something?

Yeah, appears I was wrong. :\

ok you should know better...
No, this guy's actions are not ideal and yes there needs to be repercussions.
No, this does not make the guy a piece of trash and yes, if he has a track record of competence I would still let him perform his duties as my physician. A mistake paid for in personal life is not the same as showing up drunk to the OR.

Also, sad as it is, many docs DO suffer from substance abuse and anesthesiologists a little more so (availability?).

It bothers me that we (and by this I mean you... and by "you" I mean most of pre-allo) can be so judgemental at times and in the same breath spew overworked nonsense about caring, empathy, compassion.... A compilation of posts by many of the people here would look like a hidden cam recording of a schizophrenic hearing voices.

Are you ND? If so please change your user tag. There is nothing "medical" about what you do. You are a gardener/herbalist. "Health Student" is the closest thing you can pick here without it being a blatant lie. "medicine" as a word has meaning. NDs claiming to be medical students is no different than me claiming to be native american because I was born in the USA. 1 coincidental commonality does not a doctor make. :thumbup: p.s. my bbq chicken has been turning out a little dry.... do you have anything for that?

Yeah? You'd still let this guy run the anesthesia for your mom if you knew his track record? Hold her life in his hands in the most literal sense? If you really mean that then good for you I guess...I know I wouldn't.

So what there's a high rate of substance abuse? Great, we should be better at finding those who suffer and treating it. That doesn't mean we don't punish those who do ridiculous things. If he's rolling around with 50K in cash, drunk, maybe high (although the prescription bottles could have been for something legit), with two loaded handguns and almost hits a marked police cruiser, what else do you think he's been up to?

What are we supposed to wait until he shows up high to the OR? Wait until he kills someone? Then say "oh man sorry he went to his two month rehab program so we thought he was all good". He's not flippin burgers at Burger King or sitting in front of a computer all day. He's in the very real position of possibly killing someone because of a lapse in judgement. Not to mention, drunk driving isn't nothing. He wasn't arrested for urinating in public or something actually just stupid. He could have killed someone that night. There's a huge difference between drunk driving and doing LOTS of other things drunk.

expert opinions on that stupid website liveleak

anesthesiologists generally are not well respected, as they are nominally physicians, and have the highest rates of substance abuse of any medical specialty.
Posted 1 hour ago By
smegmabreath

First of all, anethesiologists should NOT be calling themselves doctors, AT ALL! THAT is a disgrace to the profession of medicine.
Posted 4 hours ago By
ChuckYouFarley

smegmabreath

smegmabreath

smegmabreath

He wants to go to the hospital. He is clearly passionate about what he does.

You think he might have damaged his brain from hitting it so hard?

That was the first thing I was thinking when I saw him hit his head so hard.

Probably he will be alright but still, if you're going to go psychotic make sure you beat yourself on an organ other than your brain.

You think he might have damaged his brain from hitting it so hard?
That was the first thing I was thinking when I saw him hit his head so hard.

maybe the glass cushioned the impact a bit
i'm surprised nobody mentioned it

This was worse than just head banging, I mean the dude's forehead just burst out in blood.

I believe if my memory serves correctly, it's rotational forces (lateral damage) to the head that is more prone to causing injury and concussion than head on forces. However given our rather pathetic knowledge of the physiology of the brain, I believe one shouldn't leave things to chance. Who knows what it can do long term.

That was the scariest thing I've ever seen. I would not want him within 50 feet of me, especially not as my doctor.

Yeah? You'd still let this guy run the anesthesia for your mom if you knew his track record? Hold her life in his hands in the most literal sense? If you really mean that then good for you I guess...I know I wouldn't.

So what there's a high rate of substance abuse? Great, we should be better at finding those who suffer and treating it. That doesn't mean we don't punish those who do ridiculous things. If he's rolling around with 50K in cash, drunk, maybe high (although the prescription bottles could have been for something legit), with two loaded handguns and almost hits a marked police cruiser, what else do you think he's been up to?

What are we supposed to wait until he shows up high to the OR? Wait until he kills someone? Then say "oh man sorry he went to his two month rehab program so we thought he was all good". He's not flippin burgers at Burger King or sitting in front of a computer all day. He's in the very real position of possibly killing someone because of a lapse in judgement. Not to mention, drunk driving isn't nothing. He wasn't arrested for urinating in public or something actually just stupid. He could have killed someone that night. There's a huge difference between drunk driving and doing LOTS of other things drunk.

You imply that there is a correlation between social judgement and clinical knowledge.

That is possibly the least intelligent thing I've ever heard.

What I imply (or state) is that the moral judgements by you and others mean relatively little and it is downright foolish to apply sdn pre allo idealism to the real world. Your post almost implies that I condone his behavior based on substance abuse stats. That would then be the second least intelligent thing I've ever heard. The ONLY thing I've said here is that the premeds who are either out for blood or on a witch hunt (does it matter which? ) are overly idealistic, hypocritical, and would better serve their time not becoming the ~85% of pre meds who never become Med meds...

Last edited:
I didn't see the part about loaded handguns. If that is true then the posts I've been responding to are more valid. However.... there is NOT a difference between drunk driving and doing a lot of other things drunk. At least not legally. A first offense dui is a simple misdemeanor. Same as shop lifting and potentially less than public urination (challenge that... protip, this is a trap).

Most of what I have been addressing is the idealist nonsense which is very likely just ego stroking by pre meds. "Let me show how awesome I am by condemning someone for something I am possibly guilty off". Innocence judgement is as silly as guilt by association.

This was worse than just head banging, I mean the dude's forehead just burst out in blood.

I believe if my memory serves correctly, it's rotational forces (lateral damage) to the head that is more prone to causing injury and concussion than head on forces. However given our rather pathetic knowledge of the physiology of the brain, I believe one shouldn't leave things to chance. Who knows what it can do long term.

Head wounds often bleed profusely. It doesn't take much to get that much blood, just needed to catch something sharp (and if he broke a window with his head, that could easily do it).

Not sure what you mean by rotational forces, but you can definitely get direct coup and contrecoup injuries.

You imply that there is a correlation between social judgement and clinical knowledge.

That is possibly the least intelligent thing I've ever heard.

What I imply (or state) is that the moral judgements by you and others mean relatively little and it is downright foolish to apply sdn pre allo idealism to the real world. Your post almost implies that I condone his behavior based on substance abuse stats. That would then be the second least intelligent thing I've ever heard. The ONLY thing I've said here is that the premeds who are either out for blood or on a witch hunt (does it matter which? ) are overly idealistic, hypocritical, and would better serve their time not becoming the ~85% of pre meds who never become Med meds...

Your argument is one of the less intelligent things I've ever heard as well so we're on the same page here. I said nothing of the sort. I imply that we should expect judgement in one situation to spill over into others. Meaning there's no clear line between "professional and personal" life. Meaning I don't want the time he's in the OR with my family member to be the time he shows up to work under the influence of something. Meaning that if he already has a track record of such behavior in his personal life I would personally not chance such a thing occurring in his professional life.

I don't really care how these offenses are treated legally? I think we can both agree that public urination is quite a bit less severe than drunk driving, no matter what state law says about the two. If you can't agree to that then I believe we're on totally different levels...

I linked to the news site that talked about the other stuff.

I didn't see the part about loaded handguns. If that is true then the posts I've been responding to are more valid. However.... there is NOT a difference between drunk driving and doing a lot of other things drunk. At least not legally. A first offense dui is a simple misdemeanor. Same as shop lifting and potentially less than public urination (challenge that... protip, this is a trap).

Most of what I have been addressing is the idealist nonsense which is very likely just ego stroking by pre meds. "Let me show how awesome I am by condemning someone for something I am possibly guilty off". Innocence judgement is as silly as guilt by association.

I hear what you are saying. But are you standing by this statement? A lot of people drive buzzed/tipsy, but this guy was clearly HAMMERED. I think EtOH is linked to 75,000 deaths per year. I think you are brushing off the dangers of this habit a little too easily.

Edit: And there is a certain BAC range that makes even a first DUI a felony. How fast/reckless you were also is a contributing factor.

Head wounds often bleed profusely. It doesn't take much to get that much blood, just needed to catch something sharp (and if he broke a window with his head, that could easily do it).

Not sure what you mean by rotational forces, but you can definitely get direct coup and contrecoup injuries.

I meant an impact to the side of the head causing it to rotate about a vertical axis is thought to be more dangerous than head on blows. I could be wrong but im interested in what med students think if what he did to himself was sufficient to cause a concussion.

turns out the "glass" is 3/8" polycarbonate. very high impact strength & resistance.
it's meant to be a solid barrier - to protect the cop.
so yeah he was hitting it hard

Your argument is one of the less intelligent things I've ever heard as well so we're on the same page here. I said nothing of the sort. I imply that we should expect judgement in one situation to spill over into others. Meaning there's no clear line between "professional and personal" life. Meaning I don't want the time he's in the OR with my family member to be the time he shows up to work under the influence of something. Meaning that if he already has a track record of such behavior in his personal life I would personally not chance such a thing occurring in his professional life.

I don't really care how these offenses are treated legally? I think we can both agree that public urination is quite a bit less severe than drunk driving, no matter what state law says about the two. If you can't agree to that then I believe we're on totally different levels...

I linked to the news site that talked about the other stuff.

You're missing the point:)) and that reflects either the intelligence of the point or the interpreter ;)). Do you personally know the complete legal record of every physician that has treated you since you learned to click a mouse? No... you don't. Just like every idealist premed here also doesn't. So the "would you let him" arguments are irrelevant to the point of needing their own nick Jr. special.

Last edited:
I hear what you are saying. But are you standing by this statement? A lot of people drive buzzed/tipsy, but this guy was clearly HAMMERED. I think EtOH is linked to 75,000 deaths per year. I think you are brushing off the dangers of this habit a little too easily.

Edit: And there is a certain BAC range that makes even a first DUI a felony. How fast/reckless you were also is a contributing factor.

The argument I am contesting is the premed nonsense of "he will obviously incur xxxx penalty". We aren't talking about personal opinion here. Whether or not I'm brushing something off is irrelevant. And youd be foolish to ignore legality.... bc in the context of penalties that's ALL that matters. Savvy?

I am aware of a few physicians who have been busted on alcohol and got nothing more that board probation. Being booted from a practice or losing business due to googlings is a little inflated in this discussion.

Once again, how many of you know the complete social record of your pcp let alone the a anesthesiologist your surgeon is partnered with? I think the guy is fine. And it is important that you understand my speculation on his situation does not imply my opinion on his actions

Last edited:
You're missing the point:)) and that reflects either the intelligence of the point or the interpreter ;)). Do you personally know the complete legal record of every physician that has treated you since you learned to click a mouse? No... you don't. Just like every idealist premed here also doesn't. So the "would you let him" arguments are irrelevant to the point of needing their own nick Jr. special.

So when we do know the physician has a record of reckless and dangerous activity we should still not take that into consideration? Is this what you're saying? Or are you saying that it's impossible to know everyone's record so don't worry about it?

I'm pretty sure we do know about this guy...that's who we're talking about here. As for the first point, apparently the hospital and his partners would disagree.

The argument I am contesting is the premed nonsense of "he will obviously incur xxxx penalty". We aren't talking about personal opinion here. Whether or not I'm brushing something off is irrelevant. And youd be foolish to ignore legality.... bc in the context of penalties that's ALL that matters. Savvy?

I am aware of a few physicians who have been busted on alcohol and got nothing more that board probation. Being booted from a practice or losing business due to googlings is a little inflated in this discussion.

Once again, how many of you know the complete social record of your pcp let alone the a anesthesiologist your surgeon is partnered with? I think the guy is fine. And it is important that you understand my speculation on his situation does not imply my opinion on his actions
I feel like you did not really address the key points of my post...

So when we do know the physician has a record of reckless and dangerous activity we should still not take that into consideration? Is this what you're saying? Or are you saying that it's impossible to know everyone's record so don't worry about it?

I'm pretty sure we do know about this guy...that's who we're talking about here. As for the first point, apparently the hospital and his partners would disagree.

I dont think you are actually this dense, just butthurt that I called you out a little earlier and just bent on putting words in my mouth to win a strawman argument.

I've been responding to these statements/sentiments

This should be a reminder to everyone not to be like this guy when they become a physician. What a pathetic piece of garbage this man is.

Wow. His life is over.

Because physicians have a god-complex and think they're the ****? Why else?

basically because, from the OP link, I see only that he was arrested for DUI and acted like a jackass in the squad car. I do not see weapons violations or anything else. I do not see where we have confirmed any professional disciplinary action.
If they are in there somewhere and I missed it then this changes things. However, you cannot (as it appears to be) retrospectively support a reckless claim due to coincidence (i.e. even IF his partners fired him from the practice, it does support that automatic assumption that the guy or others in bad situations is described by the above quotes).

So here are the assumptions that are just silly
1) that all patients are going to google their anesthesiologist before use. That just doesnt happen. Maybe some people will, but I suspect the majority of people pick their surgeon and the anesthesiologist comes along for the ride (or are assigned a surgical team in a public hospital setting.... not everyone has the luxury of hand picking their specialists, and only a fraction of those will likely google the personal credentials)
2)that he will be fired from his practice - we dont and cannot know this. The nice things about jobs is that (depending on the state) they need a reason to fire you and typically cannot use personal life stuff to do so. This is where the idealism of pre-meds comes out. Being a physician is still a job. In most places they have prove you are unable to perform your job to fire you. It is much more likely that the board will take action against him and his practice will not. The board can suspend licenses or put physicians on probation for stuff like this. Either way, plenty of physicians screw up, and while I agree there should be consequences, the holier than thou judgement passing happening here is so entirely not based in reality that it is embarrassing.

A good many of you reading this likely have had physician with a drug/alcohol problem treat you or a loved one and you never knew it. I am not implying that we should just ignore it due to this fact (and I am a little embarrassed for you that you would even imply that... i mean seriously...) but it is equally silly to let your ideals and judgementalism blind you to the reality of the situation.

so continue to put words in my mouth in a vain attempt to win an argument via strawman tactics. But 1 of 2 things has to be true if that continues - either you arent bright enough to actually follow the conversation or you are just butthurt enough that you think such arguments might get you somewhere.

I feel like you did not really address the key points of my post...
:confused:

I hear what you are saying. But are you standing by this statement? (1) A lot of people drive buzzed/tipsy, but this guy was clearly HAMMERED. I think EtOH is linked to 75,000 deaths per year. (2)I think you are brushing off the dangers of this habit a little too easily.

(1)The argument I am contesting is the premed nonsense of "he will obviously incur xxxx penalty". We aren't talking about personal opinion here. (2)Whether or not I'm brushing something off is irrelevant. And youd be foolish to ignore legality.... bc in the context of penalties that's ALL that matters. Savvy?

the point being discussed right there was to your original post of "his life is over". Maybe it is, but also maybe it isnt. I dont know his actual BAC, and yes there is a point at which things get more severe. Damages/injury also plays a role. Either way it doesnt matter. I don't think it is reasonable to assume that all patients will google him ahead of time - as I said earlier ive known my surgeon's name. Don't know the anesthesiologist. Hes just the dude that the surgeon picked to work with. Maybe some people are more stingey about this...... either way I dont think it is reasonable to assume that a DUI (and if BAC and other charges filed were given you will have to point those out to me, if if we found a followup where he was actually booted from his practice....) will end his practice EVEN WITH an embarrassing video. Thats all. If you personally feel he should lose his practice... well.. ok :shrug: but that is as irrelevant to my own personal feelings because neither will actually impact the situation or the outcome for this guy or others like him. The point is, his partners or whomever would have to tread lightly if they wanted to fire him over something he did off the clock. The board can take action here, but as an employer you can open yourself up legally for termination for personal affairs.

And if this post seems overly sacarstic I apologize. Just a little runoff from dealing with Hobbes ;)

It really should not be confused that I am of the opinion that this guy should not incur consequences... but that appears to be the counterpoint Hobbes is going with.

Last edited:
here is what you get if you google him
https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1...mod=5&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=zachary+bird
a few links up top because it is a recent event. Give it a month and this will be down well below the baseball and poker links.
It looks like he was only suspended and the hospital his group contracted with has revoked privileges. Sucks to be him :shrug: But I would still be surprised if he found it too difficult to get back in an OR relatively soon assuming the MO board doesnt suspend his license.

:confused:

the point being discussed right there was to your original post of "his life is over". Maybe it is, but also maybe it isnt. I dont know his actual BAC, and yes there is a point at which things get more severe. Damages/injury also plays a role. Either way it doesnt matter. I don't think it is reasonable to assume that all patients will google him ahead of time - as I said earlier ive known my surgeon's name. Don't know the anesthesiologist. Hes just the dude that the surgeon picked to work with. Maybe some people are more stingey about this...... either way I dont think it is reasonable to assume that a DUI (and if BAC and other charges filed were given you will have to point those out to me, if if we found a followup where he was actually booted from his practice....) will end his practice EVEN WITH an embarrassing video. Thats all. If you personally feel he should lose his practice... well.. ok :shrug: but that is as irrelevant to my own personal feelings because neither will actually impact the situation or the outcome for this guy or others like him. The point is, his partners or whomever would have to tread lightly if they wanted to fire him over something he did off the clock. The board can take action here, but as an employer you can open yourself up legally for termination for personal affairs.

Wow. This is getting kind of tiresome. First of all when I made the "his life is over" post I was being kind of facetious. If that exact same video of me was on the internet, I would initially think in my head, "my life is over." I understand that is a little hyperbolic. I agree with you there is a little too much pre-med judgment. My point was that merely this could have drastic effects on his personal and professional life (yes, this is speculation, but it is no different than me assuming Ron Artest might get suspended for his dirty elbow. There is no way I could know for sure but it's reasonable for me to think it is a possibility and to think how it may affect things in the future).

And the reason I brought up possibly losing his job and/or business is just because where he works. He works at some boutique, elective, cosmetic surgery center where image matters. He is not doing on-call ICU work for ruptured AA's. His colleagues might care about what people think about him. His patients might google him because they have time to research for a simple, elective procedure. That is all I was saying. I may have used terms that were too absolute, but it was just easier to type it that way without including a bunch of maybes and ifs and possibilities, the way you have forced me to type this here.

And lastly, I still feel like you said you think driving while that intoxicated is "not that big of a deal" and that is an issue I and many others would take great issue with. I have personally known people who have been killed by drunk drivers and in my opinion it is worse than most crimes due to it's blatant disregard for human life.

Wow. This is getting kind of tiresome. First of all when I made the "his life is over" post I was being kind of facetious. If that exact same video of me was on the internet, I would initially think in my head, "my life is over." I understand that is a little hyperbolic. I agree with you there is a little too much pre-med judgment. My point was that merely this could have drastic effects on his personal and professional life (yes, this is speculation, but it is no different than me assuming Ron Artest might get suspended for his dirty elbow. There is no way I could know for sure but it's reasonable for me to think it is a possibility and to think how it may affect things in the future).

And the reason I brought up possibly losing his job and/or business is just because where he works. He works at some boutique, elective, cosmetic surgery center where image matters. He is not doing on-call ICU work for ruptured AA's. His colleagues might care about what people think about him. His patients might google him because they have time to research for a simple, elective procedure. That is all I was saying. I may have used terms that were too absolute, but it was just easier to type it that way without including a bunch of maybes and ifs and possibilities, the way you have forced me to type this here.

And lastly, I still feel like you said you think driving while that intoxicated is "not that big of a deal" and that is an issue I and many others would take great issue with. I have personally known people who have been killed by drunk drivers and in my opinion it is worse than most crimes due to it's blatant disregard for human life.

If you being facetious why would you defend it after I said that was too extreme? :confused:

And I in no way even implied that driving while intoxicated is okay. Please go back end quote this post I made you think so

If you being facetious why would you defend it after I said that was too extreme? :confused:

And I in no way even implied that driving while intoxicated is okay. Please go back end quote this post I made you think so

Between this exchange and browsing a couple other of your posts, I have decided you are insufferable and I will longer participate in this.

I already quoted it dude:

You argue like a 8 year old.

Between this exchange and browsing a couple other of your posts, I have decided you are insufferable and I will longer participate in this.

I already quoted it dude:

You argue like a 8 year old.

what I said is absolutely true and in no way, shape, and/or form conveys the message that it is ok to drink and drive. We were talking about legal and professional penalties here. And all I said is that the added perceived "dubiousness" of drunk driving via SDN pre-meds has no real-life bearing on the outcomes for this man. a first offense DUI with no injury or damages is on the same level, legally, as shop lifting. In a discussion of penalties and outcomes any talk of "better or worse", or relative danger (and please understand that I in no way, shape, and/or form downplayed the danger in drunk driving....) is completely irrelevant because policies dictate penalties. Nothing else. Sometimes (in fact very often) the degree of danger factors into this. But at the end of the day the existing policies are what will determine how this guy is handled. Do you somehow think I said it was OK to shoplift too? No. I am just saying that all the doomsayers in this thread are responding to some overplayed hazy moral outrage which makes their predictions very likely to be inflated. Since you cannot seem to get that and we keep revolving around the same points it would appear that I am not arguing AS an 8 year old but rather WITH an 8 year old.