Anesthesiology Residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kfurman21

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anybody list anesthesiology residencies that schedule self study time? I like the concept and I am having a hard time getting results by researching programs.

Members don't see this ad.

You mean like protected time in residency during the work week for you to sit at a desk and study? What is this preschool?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Can anybody list anesthesiology residencies that schedule self study time? I like the concept and I am having a hard time getting results by researching programs.

Not sure if anyone can give you such a list. However, I bet if you talked to your residents, they can guide you to the programs with more or less down time. My experience (med school and residency, two midwest programs) is that anesthesia residents get plenty of evenings and weekends off. So, you should have ample time to study (not to mention down time in the OR).

Disclaimer: this is not to say they don't work hard. Just that there are usually enough residents to share call that it's not unusual for residents to be done at a reasonable hour on their non-call days.

Members don't see this ad :)

I don't think you understand how residency works

Reactions: 1 users
You will have a hard time finding that information out without consulting someone within the program