Anesthesiology Residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kfurman21

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anybody list anesthesiology residencies that schedule self study time? I like the concept and I am having a hard time getting information by researching programs.

Members don't see this ad.

What the hell is scheduled self study time? That's what you do at home.
You want to do a shït ton of nasty cases during residency so you're prepared to deal with complex patients and emergencies as an attending.
You can read an hour a night and 2 on weekends and still hit the gym, crush on the ladies, and catch up on Game of Thrones. You don't need scheduled study time. That actually was something the SRNAs had at the Naval Hospital.

Reactions: 4 users
Can anybody list anesthesiology residencies that schedule self study time? I like the concept and I am having a hard time getting information by researching programs.
They all have self study time. They are usually scheduled on week nights after finishing your cases and on weekends.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
As long as there's time for Game of Thrones I'll be ok. That was my real question.

I know of a few programs where the residents are out by 4 with a mandatory study time from 4-5. It sounds like that is not common.

Self study time seems like a *****ic rule, especially if you're in a good learning case that you really want to finish.