1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice

.......& Angels May Come Down To Earth

Discussion in 'International Dental' started by sam3, Mar 18, 2004.

1. sam3

sam3 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

" A friend indeed is a friend in need "

Hello everyone :

I know that I have a big mouth,but it has been about 2 or 3 weeks that I was silent and not very active on SDN .I was very distracted,desperate.......and down .I wanted to write about this incident when it happend at that time,I just could not.I did not have the energy to do so...........though I wanted to tell all the SDN about it so bad.

What I am gonna tell you here guys is not a joke,exaggeration, nor a movie fiction out of my immagination .It happened & I never believed somthing like this may happen in real life .I never believed that ANGELS may come down to earth sometimes............,I never thought that they were surrounding me during my ordeal..............I was simply blinded by my dilemma .

Here is the story ;

10 days ago,at the peak of my rush to come up with the 70K & while I was dieing to find the remaining 12K left,a dear Indian SDN friend who was following my thread (I need help please) offered me her help.She asked her husband to read my thread in order to acknoledge him about the whole situation.

Believe it or not.....!!!!!!, this Jentelman called me at 2:30 AM to offer me a 12K check to complete the 70K . I thanked him with all the appriciation in the world that I could say at that moment ,cause I was more than astonished .I did not really know how to thank both of them for this kind gesture.Although that he insisted on me to accept his offer, I gratefully thanked him & did not take the money.

Why.....???? , cause I did not know when I am gonna give it back .I wanna keep the 70K in my cousin's account as long as I can , without any rush to draw them back the next day I get the bank statment .I told my parents about this offer.............they simply could not believe it .

Why am I telling you about Mr&Mrs( Y & X ) ?? .

I have never seen or met these two angels ,I do not even know how do they look like.I just know that they are my Indian friends from SDN . Do you know what does it mean to me when someone frome DIFFERENT ethnicity ,colour,or race offer me his hand when I was a drown looking for a straw to hang with??.

Guys ,when I first discovered SDN, I hesitated alot to start writing on it .I felt that I was gonna be like an ALIEN trying to intrude in an Indian ghetto,or like a puppy lost in a huge jungle .I was afraid of being rejected or not being welcomed.How do I feel now?? I proudly feel that I am a part of this Indian Family .

Dear Mr&Mrs ( Y & X ) :

You can't immagine how much gratitude and gratefullness I hold for you & I am more toutched than you can immagine .Words can not describe my feelings tward you . I just hope that someday, I can pay you back a small portion of your human touch .May GOD bless you wherever you are....................

2. green emerald

green emerald Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

SAM can u share the sdn name of the person....lets all be aware of the special someone with a big heart( not the real name),God bless them

3. BOGGU

BOGGU Member
    7+ Year Member

Dear Sam,
    Can truly understand what you must have felt.......
    "........ With all its sham & drudgery , it is still a beautiful world my friend".......have you read the poem" DESIDERATA" BY Max Ehrman.......is truly applicable to any situation in life.Sam, your true gratitude to this wonderful couple would be to step into their shoes when somebody in the future has stepped into yours...that is the circle of life my friend.God bless the couple,& Good luck to you in your future endeavours.....God sends his angels at times when you least expect, b'coz to him you still & always will be his precious, precious child.When you turn back & look at life sometime in your old age, you would realise what you understood as small moments are some of life's greatest moments.Take care.

4. green emerald

green emerald Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

great post

5. sam3

sam3 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I wanted to ..., she just prefares to be the hidden ANGEL.

6. Meggs

7+ Year Member

That was sooo sweet of that couple!!! They must be awsome people!! To whoever they are: you're great people!!!

Actually, I also have a SDN Angels. They made it possible for me to assist to my interview trip in San Fco. And I didn't even knew them, they just offered out of the blue!!!! They're great people!!!

Since I have no money, I just help my info and support :D . And getting an attitude at times, :p

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. mystiq

mystiq Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey Guys
    I just thought i will share this beautiful message with all of u. This made me feel more protected and safe.
    Have Fun

Foot Prints

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the Lord. Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene,he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand; one belonged to him, and the other to the Lord.
    When the last scene of his life flashed before him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand. He noticed that many times along the path of his life there was only one set of foot - prints. He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life.

This really bothered him and he questioned the Lord about it. "Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you, you'd walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life, there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me."

The Lord replied, "My precious, precious child, I love you and would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."

8. pinktooth

pinktooth Paint my world...
    7+ Year Member

May God bless them and be with always...
    People like these help keep humanity alive and give people hope..
    take care

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. rams

rams Member
    7+ Year Member

hi

sam your story was really unbelivable .its hard to believe such people exists in today's world .i really have alot of respect for that couple hats off to them man.

i am one of those who justtake info from sdn coz i dont have any info more than the members in sdn already know to share and with my low scores i geta complex when i go thru the threads n frankly speaking most of the times depressed too. :(
    so even i have to wait for some miracle to happen or some angle to guide me thru this whole admission process .
    anyways i 'll still try my best n leave the rest to god.

was geniunely touched by this couple story.

10. Athene

Athene 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

hi angels...........may GOD bless u ....
    just NOW i posted to WHY????..........i was feeling bad about what bond mentioned in why????u have pepped up my faith in GOD and HUMANITY............

sam .......ur one of the most cherished members of this indiaN FAMILY.....:love:

11. ToTaLLy_TaSha

ToTaLLy_TaSha Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    My jaw dropped on reading this thread.... what an AMAZING gesture of trust and goodwill.. Sam, Im so happy for you!!!! I am in AWE of this anonymous couple who have so willingly stepped in to give you the chance that you deserved.. Just goes to show that angels walk among us..

SDN Angel.. whoever you are.. You've so selflessly given a deserving young man a chance at attain the future of his dreams.. we salute you.

(Sam, dude, see you at penn!!!! :clap: )

12. mrinalini

mrinalini bAbYRoAcH
    7+ Year Member

Hi Sam,
    In life when you go through rough times,you usually get help from the most unexpected places, its like this circle of kindness. Someone touches your heart and you will go on and do the same. This circle makes life the beautiful thing it is.
    We have our very own angel network on SDN :D ...and I hope it continues growing.
    Your angels have made me belive in miracles :) bless them !!

best of luck in penn Sam!!. Shine like you've never shined before.

Cheers
    Mrinalini

P.S. my baby chunky monkey is developing her motor skills!!:p

13. sam3

sam3 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hello Boggu :

To tell you the truth,I can't describe to you how I felt when this Jentelman offered me the money. I was:wow: .I told him ; OH MY GOD ,I am not one of your relatives,I am not one of your neighbors.How can you trust me without even Knowing me ???

Honestly, this is the major reson why I started this whole thread .My little angle is going to take Part-1 , she is a littlebit down & very tensed .She just needs some encouragment to boost up her spirit.

I know that she is reading everything you guys write here.I just want her to know how much she gets blessed when people read this thread .

I

14. lasjy

lasjy Mr. Data
    7+ Year Member

hey sam3,

all these posts in ur thread remind me of this song by a band called U2

its called

what if god sent his angels

:rolleyes: i think....yeaH that's the name of the song

lasjy

15. sam3

sam3 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I looooooooooooooov this song .It is in the sound track of a movie called "City of Angels " .

Good choice:thumbup: .

16. sam3

sam3 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Mystiq :

You just hit my nerves ...!!!!!! You are draging me to disclose everything .I already PMed this message to some of SDN members on my buddylist ,who sent me congratulations when I first got my acceptance 7 weeks ago .

Here it is :

After my interview day at UPENN was over at 4:00pm .I got out the school and took a walk . After I crossed the 1st block, I stopped ............., looked back at the school , lightend a cigarett , took the deeee........pest puff I ever taken in my life and with all the sorrowes of the world in my heart I addressed GOD & told him :

GOD........

It has been years that am fighting.....

6 Canadian schools turned me down.....

No one employed me........

All the doors are closed in my face......

Didn't the time come yet...?????

Aren't you gonna give just one chance...???

I NEVER NEW THAT HE WAS LISTINING TO ME THIS TIME .........

17. BOGGU

BOGGU Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi Sam,
    Felt so good to read this thread.....its amazing how beneath all the struggle in life there is this subtle but stong human thread which brings out the core in us...it is only human to reach out when you see troubled souls & it is only more human to rejoice together in happiness.
    Sam, when you took that DEEPEST puff...it is when God was listening buddy,coz he has bigger dreams for you & me than we have for ourselves.He speaks in that oh so lil voice of calm.....we in our hurry never stop to listen, that is the reason why most often we miss on what he is saying.If he has taken so much time designing the lil butterfly's wings in its varied hues & colours, imagine how much time he would take caring for you & me...so friend trust in him & march ahead....it is a beautiful world out there & May his light shine on you forever.

18. sam3

sam3 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Thank you so much :D ,You are so sweet . when You come to the states, you can spoil me more with a nice "Beryane meal + Spicy sauce " .

I tried it 22 years ago when I visited India ,unfortunatly resturants here do not offer that tasty quality .I am one of those described in this Quote :

" a way to reach a man's heart is through his STOMACH ":laugh:

19. Athene

Athene 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

well sam sure........i know how to cook biryani and anyways i would love to polish my cullinary skills especially for u...............:love: :love:
    and let me see if i am able to find some place in your heart:laugh: :laugh:

20. gpg

gpg Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey Sam

U r really a vey fortunate....and deservingly so.......guy......I happen to be an Indian and this gesture from my countarymen makes me proud to be one......it is my dream to get into UPenn one day and am working hard for it.....I assure u the day I get there I will seek u out and serve the best Beeryani I can make.......u can breathe easy.....I have over a year to practise.......but really.......I am dying to meet u some day.....the same way I am dying to meet Henna,Megs,Meetlife and all the other SNDers........lets all join our hands for the angel couple and try to do just what they did to help our fellow dental students aspiring to get into an IDP!

wat say guys

P.s.but I still hate Biochem!

21. Henna

Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

It feels so nice to know that there are such wonderful people out there who are concerned about others are are willing to take a chance on a stranger.
    Thank you whoever you are. People like you make the world a much nicer place.

22. KAJALKIRAN

KAJALKIRAN Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

i know..this is so cool sam! good for you! the son-in-law kida treatment eh? lol

23. Meggs

7+ Year Member

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

24. cods

cods Member
    7+ Year Member

hi sam....

its been a long time that i checked out sdn.. n when i saw that u actually started one more new thread.. i taught it must be somthing nice to read.. but when i actually read it..... i was amazed..... its really great to know abt that couple... i think people like them makes this world much more beautuful to live in.... thanks to let all of us know abt such great people......
    al the best for u sam...... .. n all the best to her also for part1...... i believe wat ever good u do for others in life will com back to u for sure.......... i am sure she will do great in her exam..............:)

cods..............

25. sam3

sam3 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi gpg :

I am really very proud to be a part of this Indian family & ALL other SDN members on this forum :)

Deal :D . I'll start praying for you starting from now , I guess by the time you come to UPENN.............you will owe me a whole year supply of Beryani:laugh: .

Who does not dude , it was my nightmare while preparing for part-1 .

26. Athene

Athene 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

well.....even i would love to meet u and i hate biochemistry...............
    i will also come to eat the biryani..........am i welcome:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

sam........ please pray for me and the deal is biryani for one year and punjabi dishes ........i guess its good deal........:love: :love:

27. sam3

sam3 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Thanks,best of luck to you too in your exams .

28. sam3

sam3 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

HI BOGGU :

I wanna ask you somthing buddy ???

You are a new SDN member with only 15 posts .Your 2 posts in this thread are amoung the BEST posts I ever read on SDN .My question is ??

Honestly , is this your own writing or you are taking it from a poetry book ?? cause if this is truly your writing style .I wanna tell you ;

DUDE ...........YOU GOTTA HELL BRIGHT FUTURE IN WRITTING :thumbup: .

29. sam3

sam3 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

:laugh: :laugh:

30. sam3

sam3 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Sure you are invited:D .

:smuggrin: Ahaaaaaaaaaa...you are bribing me with the( EXTRA punjabi dishes ) .

31. sara25

sara25 Member
    7+ Year Member

Sam,

I am so happy to see that you have achieved your dream. I followed all your posts regarding what you went through to get the money all lined up. I am genuinely, from the bottom of my heart, happy for you.

Best of luck to you.

:clap:

p.s. Maybe you can cut back on the number of cigarettes now..and relax more....???

32. Athene

Athene 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

well dear..............thats not bribery but a deal.............mutual.......u pray for me and i treat u........well choice is yours......anyways ur always welcome for punjabi dishes.......
    :laugh: :laugh:
    just kidding.......i know ur praying for all of us.........thanks a lot....:love: :love:

33. sam3

sam3 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Thank you & I wish you all the luck :) .

34. ram7378

ram7378 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi Sam,
    Thanks a lot sam for sharing with us about the two angels. we have to learn a lot from such people. whoever you are ,Thanks A Lot . :thumbup:

35. toothmail

toothmail Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

hi sam

i just read this thread now and i am simply amazed! ur SDN angels are simply the best! and you are really fortunate to have these people in ur life. miracles do happen and they happen to nice people like u! :)

a poem i found on the net which i dedicate to all my friends here on SDN:

I haven't ever seen you
    But I know you're really there
    I click you into reality
    Like magic from the air.
    Your voice is like an angel
    Though I really do not hear;
    Your hug as warm as any
    Of loved ones I hold dear
    You're always there for comfort
    Or a word of cheer
    Though you are very far away
    I always have you near
    You're a very special friend
    Like none I've ever known
    As long as you're in cyberspace
    I'll never be alone.

36. sam3

sam3 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi cods:D "Long time no see on SDN" .How are you ??,wish you'r doing fine .

This is all what I want her to get from this thread, your blessing & best wishes .

37. Athene

Athene 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

hi... da ......no time for me??????????:( :( +pity+

38. sam3

sam3 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: let me clear my PMs 1st :laugh:

39. sam3

sam3 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Actully I am not sure ,did you address me or cods???

40. Athene

Athene 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

lets say both......i do not mind double attention.......
    cods was my senior in india and i hope u in US......so never mind...

:love: :love: :love:

41. sam3

sam3 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Amazing words:thumbup: ..........................and she is really there .