• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Angle Ranking Strategies???

About the Ads

z123

10+ Year Member
Aug 21, 2007
  1. Pre-Dental
    I look at the slope of the angle....and compare w/ a right angle (90 degree). I kind of think of it as a mouth and how wide it's open.

To practice what I mean, use your index finger and thumb.....make an L...(90 degree). Then gradually move index finger closer to thumb. As your finger gets closer to your thumb, the angle is getting smaller. By doing this, you'll see how slope affects angle size.

Low (small) slope are usually smaller.
    Steep slope (close to right angle) are larger.

Lastly, it may help in many cases to think of the angles as being composed of two sides...one the base and the other the slope. Sometimes, it helps to make the side you think is a slope the base. (Gosh....I hope that makes sense to you....meaning it's easier to compare a different side than what is drawn as the obvious slope side....???) (I'm almost 100% sure that this may sense to know but me...)

I hope I make sense to someone out there. :)

dirtydan311

10+ Year Member
    Aug 19, 2007
    1. Dental Student
      Angles.
      Scanning from left to right, identify either largest or smallest first. Don't second guess yourself. Identify corresponding answer choices. Choose between options remaining. If you chose the largest initially, then from the possible answers seek to determine the correct smallest angle. Speeds up the whole process.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.