• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Anki Summer studying

KeikoTanaka

Aug 11, 2017
  1. Medical Student
    From Exam 1 to finals week now, I have made about 18,000 Anki cards ^^;;;; I want to review them over the summer (As well as annotate them, I definitely got better at making flashcards as the semester went on), but if you're like me and you've been cramming for tests, my cards are all over the place in terms of "Reviewing" them.

Therefore, I really want to "reset" every single card once I finish up the school year. Is there a good way to do this?

Also, how do you guys recommend going about summer studying? Please, save me the whole "omg its summer just relax" - I don't care. I enjoy myself at the gym, by the pool, with friends, running outside, I don't mind sitting outside on my balcony with a cup of coffee for 90 minutes in the mornings going over flashcards.

Should I break it up, like each day do a different subject? Should I change up my subjects more than that? All my decks are broken down into Exam material and Lectures. Should I set the cap to 20 cards and do like 20 from each deck? Or should I just do ~60 a day for one subject? I'm not sure what the most efficient way to go about this is.

Thanks!!

arc5005

7+ Year Member
    Oct 5, 2011
    1. Medical Student (Accepted)
      From Exam 1 to finals week now, I have made about 18,000 Anki cards ^^;;;; I want to review them over the summer (As well as annotate them, I definitely got better at making flashcards as the semester went on), but if you're like me and you've been cramming for tests, my cards are all over the place in terms of "Reviewing" them.

Therefore, I really want to "reset" every single card once I finish up the school year. Is there a good way to do this?

Also, how do you guys recommend going about summer studying? Please, save me the whole "omg its summer just relax" - I don't care. I enjoy myself at the gym, by the pool, with friends, running outside, I don't mind sitting outside on my balcony with a cup of coffee for 90 minutes in the mornings going over flashcards.

Should I break it up, like each day do a different subject? Should I change up my subjects more than that? All my decks are broken down into Exam material and Lectures. Should I set the cap to 20 cards and do like 20 from each deck? Or should I just do ~60 a day for one subject? I'm not sure what the most efficient way to go about this is.

Thanks!!

you made all your own cards? You didn't use any of the pre-made decks????

joeception

2+ Year Member
      Jan 1, 2017
      1. Medical Student
        Wow that is impressive you made all your own and plan on keeping up with them. You can export them and click don't keep scheduling info and then import them again to reset them all. I guess I would split up the reviews instead of the 60 a day for one subject route

About the Ads

KeikoTanaka

Aug 11, 2017
        1. Medical Student
          Wow that is impressive you made all your own and plan on keeping up with them. You can export them and click don't keep scheduling info and then import them again to reset them all. I guess I would split up the reviews instead of the 60 a day for one subject route

Great idea! I didn't even think about that. I have an external harddrive I can export them to and I guess, erase all my decks on my computer then re-import them? Is there a better way to go about just resetting all reviews? Perhaps a more built in feature?

joeception

2+ Year Member
          Jan 1, 2017
          1. Medical Student
            Great idea! I didn't even think about that. I have an external harddrive I can export them to and I guess, erase all my decks on my computer then re-import them? Is there a better way to go about just resetting all reviews? Perhaps a more built in feature?

unfortunately there is not really a built in way of doing it, but instead of restarting from scratch why not just keep up with current reviews? Or do you feel like you have forgotten some of the more mature cards? In that case you could adjust the interval to see the cards more frequently

KeikoTanaka

Aug 11, 2017
            1. Medical Student
              unfortunately there is not really a built in way of doing it, but instead of restarting from scratch why not just keep up with current reviews? Or do you feel like you have forgotten some of the more mature cards? In that case you could adjust the interval to see the cards more frequently
              I haven't kept up with ANY cards lol. As soon as that exam is over im done looking at that material. Unless the finals were cumulative. I don't know how I would have had time to keep up with old material while juggling mandatory class time and new material (Really hating mandatory class time, it honestly detracts from my learning). So, yeah, I'll just export and not keep the scheduling info! that's a good idea.

About the Ads
              This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
              2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
              5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
              6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              7. This thread is locked.