Anki'fied First Aid-- too many cards?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jabbed

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm slowly making my way through creating an Anki deck of the latest edition of First Aid, but I'm worried that I'm building up far too many cards. All the cards so far are very simple and only ask for 1-2 pieces of info as opposed to long lists or explanations. That said, I'm averaging about 40-50 per page of FA.

If I keep this up though I'm looking at a 20k+ deck of First Aid. Which is ridiculous.

Has anyone here tried doing the same? Any pointers?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm doing exactly that. I've done pretty much all of 1st year's stuff so far, but I only have about 6000 cards. I haven't done any of 2nd year's stuff yet, but I don't anticipate having 20k+ cards...I use image occlusion and know that I also group some images together in one card (list of symptoms for ex.), so that may be why I have less cards than you'd think.

yea, but I think they're from 2012/2013 FA (?). and I make my cards using actual images from FA and personalize them as needed, which I prefer over just plain text