ann arbor hotels

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

trudgingalong

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so i've been putting this off for as long as i possibly could...

any suggestions for a good, reasonably priced hotel near the u of m? the admissions office sent a list of hotels, and i'm kinda interested in 3 on that list:
michigan league
um oxford conference center (cambridge house)
bed & breakfast on campus.

and do you think it's worth renting a car? are the shuttle services decently reliable?
any thoughts?
thanks! :)

Members don't see this ad.

i stayed at the oxford house for my interview- here is my experience there. i got in around 11pm driving from NY and there was nobody there to let me in. I had to run around for an hour trying to find someone in charge before I finally got a security guard to let me in. once i was in, the rooms are small modified dorm rooms, but with private bathrooms and cable TV. it was pretty cheap too, like $70. just make sure you arrange with them to BE THERE when you arrive. the michigan league looked really nice, but i think its a lot more expensive. good luck

thanks for the info :) i'll definitely try to let them know when i should be arriving... good luck w/the rest of ur interviews!

Members don't see this ad :)
i stayed at the red roof inn for something like 50 bucks. not bad, and about a 5 minute drive to michigan med

If you are looking for something cheaper I would reccomend staying out of the heart of A2. There is probably something more affordable down s. state street going out of town.