1. Anti-Piracy Warning: The unauthorized reproduction or distribution of copyrighted work is illegal. Sale or sharing of pirated materials is a crime and violates the SDN Terms of Service. Be aware that SDN reserves the right to report this activity to copyright holders and appropriate agencies. SDN cooperates with copyright holders in enforcement.

If you encounter an advertisement for a pirated product, please use the Report link located on the lower left side of the post or PM to alert our volunteer team.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Ann Arbor, Michigan Housing

Discussion in 'Housing (Temporary and Long-term)' started by sonso, May 1, 2007.

1. sonso

sonso residency resident
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I'm starting residency at the University of Michigan (very soon) and wondered if people familiar with Ann Arbor would be willing to offer up advice on nice places to stay or areas,i.e. north of campus versus west, etc. (and any other advice). I saw a lot of houses and was not impressed so I'll likely limit myself to condos (if I do end up buying in the end).

Ann Arbor's housing market is particularly bad with very many places to choose from, so I'm not too worried about getting started this late in the game as I have to move in a couple of months.

Thank you

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Winged Scapula

Winged Scapula Cougariffic!
    Staff Member Administrator Physician Faculty Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    moving to the Housing Forum...

4. BADMD

Physician 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    A buddy of mine is a graduating resident there. He'd love to sell you his condo. ;)

But seriously, IIRC, U of M's resident association has a realtor that specifically works with their relocating residents. You might want to contact them.

5. Green912

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Several people have told me that Ypsilini has some nice areas/homes. We also looked at some condo’s in Ann Arbor that looked nice and were fairly reasonable.

6. nvrsumr

nvrsumr Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
  7. chris03333

chris03333 Veterinarian
    7+ Year Member

Me too! I found a decent duplex. Are you looking to rent or buy?

8. Finally M3

Finally M3 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Sonso why aren't you asking your future fellow residents? :laugh:

Try out this site: http://sitemaker.umich.edu/hoa/house_listings
    if you don't mind cast offs from other residents. It is definitely a buyer's market. My personal bias would be within walking distance of Main Street, but that's just the alcoholic in me talking.

9. sonso

sonso residency resident
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I did and received many responses. I am asking everybody from my future co-residents, to agents, to SDNers.

Thank you to everybody who responded!

BTW, I was looking at some Walden Hill condos. They are a little older but modernized, nice price for 2 bed 2 bath 1173 square feet and pretty close to downtown, campus, and the hospital. Any thoughts on Walden's location? It's sort of southwest...